Official Irrational Quad Cortex Seething Rage and Hatred Thread

I think Neural is a pretty passionate and capable group of dudes. What they’ve achieved in a relatively short amount of time as a company is pretty impressive.

Their prelaunch theatrics, and post launch smoke-and-mirrors game in regards to communication and development were totally avoidable, so they’ve rightfully earned whatever criticism comes their way as a result.

Ultimately none of it matters though. They are selling them as fast as they can make them, and barring some fresh setback they will likely outrun any missteps they’ve made thus far.

If nothing else, the QC should help move the space forward due to its form factor, UI, and wireless capabilities. I’d imagine it will set the bar moving forward for any premium tier device for those particular aspects.

As a bystander now, I am curious to see how the QC will play out, especially in regards to where the modeling landscape will be whenever they get there. (Prelaunch 1.0)

If nothing else, the QC should help move the space forward due to its form factor, UI, and wireless capabilities. I’d imagine it will set the bar moving forward for any premium tier device for those particular aspects.

"premium tier", "set the bar" and "QC" in the same sentence is a titanic oxymoron on biblical proportions.

Other companies intentionally avoided the things you listed, not because this stuff didn't exist back then but because their gear was aimed towards professional musicians.
Please, don't even mention Dave Mustaine, the guy will endorse MOSKY and MOOER if he gets paid, you can call him the daddy of shills.

Their August 2022 Development Update is nothing more than catch up with some basic Helix features.
As soon as Line 6 moves away from their 8x4 routing grid, the QC will automatically and very embarrassingly be stuck in last gen.

I hope you enjoyed the old-school non-owner hate post.
More to come... :satan

"premium tier", "set the bar" and "QC" in the same sentence is a titanic oxymoron on biblical proportions.

Other companies intentionally avoided the things you listed, not because this stuff didn't exist back then but because their gear was aimed towards professional musicians.
Please, don't even mention Dave Mustaine, the guy will endorse MOSKY and MOOER if he gets paid, you can call him the daddy of shills.

Their August 2022 Development Update is nothing more than catch up with some basic Helix features.
As soon as Line 6 moves away from their 8x4 routing grid, the QC will automatically and very embarrassingly be stuck in last gen.

I hope you enjoyed the old-school non-owner hate post.
More to come... :satan

giphy.gif

I think Neural is a pretty passionate and capable group of dudes. What they’ve achieved in a relatively short amount of time as a company is pretty impressive.

Their prelaunch theatrics, and post launch smoke-and-mirrors game in regards to communication and development were totally avoidable, so they’ve rightfully earned whatever criticism comes their way as a result.

Ultimately none of it matters though. They are selling them as fast as they can make them, and barring some fresh setback they will likely outrun any missteps they’ve made thus far.

As a bystander now, I am curious to see how the QC will play out, especially in regards to where the modeling landscape will be whenever they get there. (Prelaunch 1.0)
Agreed!

If anyone here ever had a 1st gen Roomba then you know... It'll get better (maybe) :bag

I just peeked at the QC threads over on that other forum, seems the “Just plug some sh*t into it” is still heavily in force.

Yo dawg, I heard you like footcontrollers for your footcontrollers!

“I love the form factor, even if that’s really a non-starter because I need to add a separate $400 battery to power it and a separate $300 MIDI pedal to control it….but the form factor rules!”

I just peeked at the QC threads over on that other forum, seems the “Just plug some sh*t into it” is still heavily in force.

“I love the form factor, even if that’s really a non-starter because I need to add a separate $400 battery to power it and a separate $300 MIDI pedal to control it….but the form factor rules!”

This.

It isn't realy a small form factor at that size, if a multi-voltage transformer / power supply + IEC socket isn't included in the housing. It's a little bit of a sham.

You are grossly exaggerating my budget. :D

You are grossly exaggerating my budget. :D
To be fair, Morningstar also grossly overestimates my budget, which is why I’m not rocking an MC-8…

(My battery and controller cost about $120 each. Not nothing, but they do add considerable value beyond just correcting for what was absent in the first place.)

Just found a stolen image from the early days when the Neural tech team had to use a proper power supply…
they were like: hey design guys… we need to fit that box in there.
Design guys: nah.. sorry get it working with something else… that fits.

EC8B1FB6-0C14-46DC-B0E7-20A90639E1CE.jpeg

Back