Official Irrational Quad Cortex Seething Rage and Hatred Thread

B1117FC2-2AC4-4DB9-8D53-680D820C567B.jpeg

I see in the development update blog post for CorOS 2.0 they added more metadata for the captures, good that was absolutely necessary.
The metadata looks very similar to what IK is doing (I'm not implying anything) because it is the most logical way to organize such type of categories.
In my opinion they are working on the less important part of the QC, they should be working more on expanding effects, features, and models.
I will be personally disapointed for all QC owners if hybrid-mode doesn't show up in CorOS 2.0, it's a professional modeler goddammit, and DAVE MUSTAINE no less is using one.

I see in the development update blog post for CorOS 2.0 they added more metadata for the captures, good that was absolutely necessary.
The metadata looks very similar to what IK is doing (I'm not implying anything) because it is the most logical way to organize such type of categories.
In my opinion they are working on the less important part of the QC, they should be working more on expanding effects, features, and models.
I will be personally disapointed for all QC owners if hybrid-mode doesn't show up in CorOS 2.0, it's a professional modeler goddammit, and DAVE MUSTAINE no less is using one.

HYBRID MODE WAS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED JAMES! IT SAID SO ON THEIR SITE!

I have no strong feelings good or bad for the QC, but I do think it's pretty lame that people who bought their plugins still have no way to use those models in it. I also think it wasn't too cool to release it with so much still lacking, and then taking so long to deliver on all the missing holes. For the premium price, it should be competing on features with its peers--Fractal, Helix, heck even Kemper. The capture tech seems to work pretty well, but so does Kemper's, with a far more established userbase and tons of great profiles available.

With IK's capture tech coming soon, and open-source profiling being developed too, the QC is going to need better ways to differentiate itself if they want it to compete in the not-too-distant future. I'd take an FM9 any day over the QC right now, if I could get my hands on one.

I also think it wasn't too cool to release it with so much still lacking, and then taking so long to deliver on all the missing holes.
As a tier 1 QC preorder customer, I'd have to disagree with your first point - when the product actually launched, I knew exactly what I was getting and had every opportunity not to go through with the purchase.

However, you are spot on with your second point - the pace of updates has been positively glacial given the amount of content still missing from the unit. What is probably worse though is the lack of communication from NDSP on the "state of the union", although the resumption of their development blog has gone some way to address this.

That being said, I do think that 1.40 took the QC past "minimum viable product", even though it is still not feature complete - the lack of hybrid mode still irks me, and I sold my QC two months ago! ;)

NDSP clearly did not appreciate that launching hardware is generally significantly more difficult and time consuming than launching software.

The metadata thing is a big deal. I didn't get the impression from the dev update that comprehensive metadata would be required, though. And just as importantly, no solution was presented as to how to deal with all of the existing, non-tagged content. I hope the Cloud interface has a simple switch that hides anything without sufficient metadata. I.e. "If you couldn't be bothered to describe and categorize your Captures, they're a time sink and I'd just as soon not even see them."

Last edited:
The metadata thing is a big deal. I didn't get the impression from the dev update that comprehensive metadata would be required, though. And just importantly, no solution was presented as to how to deal with all of the existing, non-tagged content. I hope the Cloud interface has a simple switch that hides anything without sufficient metadata. I.e. "If you couldn't be bothered to describe and categorize your Captures, they're a time sink and I'd just as soon not even see them."

My hope was that they’d give some period for everyone to provide the meta data for their shares (ex. 30 days) and if not turn all public shares private. Sort of a hard reset of what’s publicly shared.

The current method of losing IR’s on the QC is a cumbersome mess. A loader block will be a massive improvement. Would have been cool for them to add an auto volume level to both the cab and IR block.

TGP handing out infractions, banning people, putting people in time out - all seems centered around butt-hurt QC owners. No?

Anyway - I’m thinking about nuking that thread I started (official QC owners thread)… as a parting gift. I’ve only been back to TGP once since arriving here…

Back