What is the Defacto Amp here on TGF

• Marshall Amplification

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Mesa Engineering

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Bob's your uncle

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
I'm sitting in a room with a few Mesas and a Synergy rig. So yeah Mesa it is for my vote :grin

Though I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a 2203 JCM 800 someday and putting it through it's paces. That is if I can get a Marshall to actually NOT catch on fire.

Outta those options, it has gotta be Marshall for me. Mesa's are pointlessly expensive here in the UK, so not a lot of people end up using them.

You can get a JVM410H for super cheaps over here, and quibble-this-quibble-that aside, it gives you all of the best Marshall tones in a single box. Great shit!

But also I wanna throw out a super-boner for Diezel amps. Those are where my soul really lies. The Diezel D-Moll and VH4 are seriously lifer amps.

Clap Applause GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

I can’t understand why the Marshall lover’s (I’m one) don’t choose Friedman. So much more sophisticated high end to me.

Last edited:
I can’t understand why the Marshall lover’s 9I’m one) don’t choose Friedman. So much more sophisticated high end to me.

Same reason I ended up choosing Vox over Matchless. All those “improvements” change it into something different, and I found that all those “flaws” in the original are part of what make them what they are and are actually part of what I love about them

Same reason I ended up choosing Vox over Matchless. All those “improvements” change it into something different, and I found that all those “flaws” in the original are part of what make them what they are and are actually part of what I love about them
I love them too especially the look. Point taken, but if I had to choose one… especially with the US pricing shenanigans.

I can’t understand why the Marshall lover’s (I’m one) don’t choose Friedman. So much more sophisticated high end to me.
I do tend to like the more “refined nature” of Friedmans over Marshalls. But I can see how some would not.

As for the Badlander - it’s funny that so many hear have one and does seem like the official Amp of TGF the way we all were talking about it and buying it, etc. So it seems like that is the winner, even though I wouldn’t say it’s my personal “favorite” amp. But I do love it!

Apparently I tried the “wrong“ Badlander by trying the 25 watt combo. Funny thing is my JJ Jr. and Mark 5:25 heads sound fine to me. Maybe I should sell my EVH LBX and 50 watt head since the BE-100 DLX is incoming. Maybe a Fender or two as well.

The number of amps is too damn high!

C3914849-56E2-4E1A-A3E0-4379BF8CAFAA.jpeg

This is a man who knows what he's talking about people.

Jack Black Yes GIF

Two things really. The Friedman's are a bit politer sounding, and they're very expensive for what they are. Although a BE-DLX is on my bucketlist.

Back