Odd Warble OD tone

Stone

Rock Star
Howdy all, in building a new patch on my Helix for Gary Moore tone
so in learning the song some of the lead parts at the beginning i m noticing this odd warbly unnatural sound when i slide from one fret to another
in example on the G string from 7th fret to 9th also on the B string from 8th fret to 10th
its doing this on all 4 guitars, changed cable to make sure was not that
anyone ever experience this?

Thanks all for your input

Have you got another amp or device that isn't the Helix that you could play through for a few minutes? This would be to see if the odd tone is still there even without the Helix. It might be different reflections and resonances in the room, for example.

Also, what happens if you change your seating position to a different part of the room? Do you still hear exactly the same warbling sound?

Have you got another amp or device that isn't the Helix that you could play through for a few minutes? This would be to see if the odd tone is still there even without the Helix. It might be different reflections and resonances in the room, for example.

Also, what happens if you change your seating position to a different part of the room? Do you still hear exactly the same warbling sound?
Ill try that but i sit in the middle of both my Powercabs in each corner
will try out some different positions and see
odd is only happens on certain frets and strings
Thanks for tip ill def try that out (y)

Hmmm. No download button on that link.

Screenshot (4).png

Last edited:
Ohhh yeah thats true
ill render my own version with the same settings and ill link it to you maybe tomorrow
thanks for the help (y)

this link will work
Problem is sliding from any string from 7-9
But if I slide from 5-7 on any string it sounds fine
Really Weird

The link worked. When I slide between 7 and 9 both with my finger or a glass slide (in case that's what you meant) I am not hearing any warble or anything weird. Tried on all strings. I have the big knob on Helix all the way up, going through a pair of Kali monitors a little more than 4 feet apart.

Have you tried through monitors? How about going mono into a single Powercab?

Last edited:
@Stone just to confirm, this is only when you slide between 7 & 9, and the warble effect is not there when you play each individual not on frets 7, 8 & 9 and let the notes ring out?

Another thing you could try is: record your part and then play back the recording on your phone, laptop or whatever in another room or outside the house to remove any possible acoustical room effects on the tone. It would be good to know that we can take room effects out of the equation.

Last edited:
Back