NPD Petrucci wah (w/ Cantrell comparison)

DrewJD82

Staff member
I actually got it last week but haven't had time to do much with it.

I've wanted one for a while and haven't "needed" one due to the Fractal stuff so I figured if I found one for a good price I'd grab one eventually. $110 is good enough!

IMG_6576.JPG

I also have a Cantrell wah, there's quite the difference in travel between the two-

IMG_6532.JPG

A little comparison clip between the two, it starts with the Cantrell wah. (the treble dial on the Cantrell wah is all the way up)

Both pedals definitely have the vibe of their signatures and I'm thinking my own wah would be somewhere closer to the middle, but I need to spend some time with the Petrucci. I tend to forget how far of a travel I have with it, which I've also been guilty of with the Fractal model I dialed in. I'll make a comparison of those at some point, I made models of both the Cantrell and Petrucci wahs in my AxeFX/FM9. The Petrucci wah is pretttty, pretty good, I was surprised how close it was just using those settings off Sweetwater.

I dig how the Petrucci wah gets so low it almost sounds like an envelope filter or something.

Yep. I thought for sure this pedal would take off a lot more than it did because of that, but nope.
It has, hasn't it? It's a great pedal. I think the 535 or Dime wah might be more popular because the knobs are on the outside, but the Petrucci wah shows up on more and more pedalboards.

You’ll have to pry my Cantrell wah from my cold dead hands - I love how throaty and dark it is - I keep the knob at the 50% mark.

Sweet!! I actually had no idea this existed

I wish Dunlop would offer a switchless option for all their different Wahs :cry:

Back