Stomp XL Expression/Wah - What You Got?

There's a new (I think?) expression pedal with a footswitch coming from Hotone. Could interest some you.

Hotone Ampero II Press

I'd prefer a bigger one especially for wah use though. Is the Mission Engineering pedal the only full sized expression pedal with a footswitch?

Cool. But personally, I can't use the wah in my stomp as I run dirt boxes in front of it. And I don't want to use the loop for a number of reasons. Obviously, an external wah saves a block, too.

Should really think about having that wah/vol Soulpress modified, should be doable for a decent tech head.

Cool. But personally, I can't use the wah in my stomp as I run dirt boxes in front of it. And I don't want to use the loop for a number of reasons. Obviously, an external wah saves a block, too.

Should really think about having that wah/vol Soulpress modified, should be doable for a decent tech head.
No wah after dirt? Why?

I’ve used a wah after dirt for a specific sound before, but outside of that it’s always Guitar-Pitch-Wah-Mod-Dirt for me.
Seems like this might need/deserve it's own thread. It's deep. 😀

I go guitar > boost > parallel drive/fuzz > pitch > wah > mod > delay > preamp > reverb > power amp.

I’ve used a wah after dirt for a specific sound before, but outside of that it’s always Guitar-Pitch-Wah-Mod-Dirt for me.

Similar here, right now it's Wah-Dirt-Mod-AmpDirt-Del/Rev. As my modulation duties are taken care of by an MS-50, I can always "dirten up" things in there. But then, I use so little modulation (typically just a phaser maybe 1-2 times per gig), it's really not worth much tinkering.
Wah is an entirely different thing, I really love it for quite some stuff.

And fwiw, it's really making me wonder that until this day, especially now that modeling, 4CM with MFX devices and what not has become so common, there's no really allround-ish multifunctional pedals around. I already said so in the DigiTech-Ask-Me-Anything thread, what I'd like to see is a pedal combining all the things you usually use a pedal for: Wah, volume, expression and perhaps pitch (there could possibly be different iterations, maybe one version without anything digital). What I'd like to see would be this:

- Analog wah /w different types.
- Separate volume pedal path. This is so crucial IMO. Most of the times, I want my volume pedal after everthing but the spatial FX. With all wah/vol pedals, that's not possible. So an extra I/O and a dedicated pot would be on order (for an analog signal path solution).
- Footswitchable EXP out /w switchable modes (linear/logarithmic).
- Digital version would have all the Whammy glory on board, ideally combined with plain drop modes and what not.
- Toe switch would allow to switch between any 2 modes. An additional switch would allow to predefine the toe switch functionality,
- The digital/pitch version would likely need some additional switches to predefine pitch operations (just as the Whammy does).

I'd buy such a pedal in a heartbeat and pay big bucks for it, simply because it'd be the one to rule them all.

Last edited:
I use the mission because I like the full size ones better for wah, and if I’m not mistaken, it doesn’t do volume, or, I haven’t been using it that way because I don’t want to use an extra block for it.

The M-Audio exp pedal works well with my Helix, but that doesn’t feel like a wah, it travels more like the Helix’s built in pedal, if that’s important to you.

Back