NPD - HX one

1707932752150.png

grumpopotamus! LMAO @Digital Igloo :rofl

Can anyone tell me how long it takes HX One to switch preset using midi program changes, and if you get spillover or not?

I would say the switching is pretty much instant? Not sure about spillover, can check later.

I use it when switching presets on the QC, so the HX is set to a certain delay for that preset (usually a variation of Transistor Tape).

After a couple of hours using the HX One, it has earned a permanent place at the front of my pedalboard chain.

:chef

I also own a Stomp XL & Helix Floor, but the convenience and simplicity of this thing make it a no-brainer. Definitely a Swiss army knife solution with zero compromise.

If you are using a traditional pedalboard, get the HX One. 'nuff said.

After a couple of hours using the HX One, it has earned a permanent place at the front of my pedalboard chain.

:chef

I also own a Stomp XL & Helix Floor, but the convenience and simplicity of this thing make it a no-brainer. Definitely a Swiss army knife solution with zero compromise.

If you are using a traditional pedalboard, get the HX One. 'nuff said.

Understanding the awesomeness, or at least usefulness of the HX one for a lot of folks should be a new litmus test to judge the rest of a persons opinions :LOL:

Understanding the awesomeness, or at least usefulness of the HX one for a lot of folks should be a new litmus test to judge the rest of a persons opinions :LOL:
Ignoring all of the incredible delay, reverb, synth, modulation, pitch, and compression efx, the flux button, input gate, tuner, and routing options, using it as a wildcard drive pedal is worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited:
The cool thing is that I replaced one of my H9s on my board that was already routed for pre/post at the front and end of my amplifier input chain. The only thing I had to change was the H9's center positive power cable to a center negative.

Could one of you demonstrate preset changes on the thing? I'm just curious how fast they switch. I'm not bothered about spillover or gapless switching for this. Just want to gauge the speed in general.

Could one of you demonstrate preset changes on the thing? I'm just curious how fast they switch. I'm not bothered about spillover or gapless switching for this. Just want to gauge the speed in general.
I have not yet setup MIDI switching on my board, but scrolling via the on board footswitches in preset mode sounds and feels immediate.

I can try to confirm tomorrow morning after 9AM EST since it's after 10PM now in Orlando.

I might set up an HX One + Stomp setup today on my Metro 20 board. The HX1 would be in front with the wah and Fuzz Head, with the Stomp In The Loop™ of my amp.

Mosky dual switch on the end for changing presets on the Stomp (shown by the stand-in Mesa switch), with the Stomp switching presets on the HX1 via midi + changing amp channels via Suhr Micro Midi (not shown).

HX One would cover SD1 boost, octave down, Phase 90, Uni-Vibe + anything else needed. Stomp would handle delays, clean boost, noise gate, other modulations, tuner + tap tempo.

IMG_3022.jpeg

When this pedal was released I was like "M'kay". But now you guys are making me GAS for it. Why is my brain thinking of possibilities :mad:..

Can it be used to send it's flux signals as midi into the Stomp?

When this pedal was released I was like "M'kay". But now you guys are making me GAS for it. Why is my brain thinking of possibilities :mad:..
I'm looking at it as a way to keep my live rig partly in the Helix world, whilst also freeing me from the Helix ecosystem a tad. I've been using Helix Floor almost 100% for live shows since 2016. I've had a good run with it, but now I want to explore new pastures. But there are some seriously desirable effects in Helix. So that's why the HX One is part of my aim.

Glitch Delay
Cosmos Echo
Simple Pitch (for whammy stuff)
Pattern tremolo, phaser, flanger, etc...

If you think of it as a swiss army knife of effects, then I think as a product it really makes sense. It actually makes a bit more sense to me than the Stomp XL for example.

Hey @spawnofthesith, have you run your HX1 in front of a drive pedal?

I’m finding when I use mine in front of my Keeley Fuzz Head, there’s a crazy amount of noise introduced. Basically unusable. (And it’s just the Phase 90 model, not an HX drive.)

I had to move the Keeley before the HX, which is not a sound I like as much.

Found this thread, as well.

Back