NPD - HX one

Why you gotta hoard all them M5s bro? :LOL:

I don't think the HX1 appeals to everyone, especially the hardcore modeling crew it seems, but much like the M5, its nice to have a swiss army knife on the board.

I almost bought one again a year or two back but that was when Trey started using them and they were selling out and selling for double online even tho still in production :LOL:

Got everything closer to final integration today, have 4CM set up. Tuner works flawlessly with wah, ef, and comp before it so I was able to remove my pitch black, and also position my afterneath so it’s not hanging sideways off the bottom, definitely a bit cleaner and streamlined

2A1B4ABB-8824-4984-919F-14D0427DDEEC.jpeg

I almost bought one again a year or two back but that was when Trey started using them and they were selling out and selling for double online even tho still in production :LOL:

Got everything closer to final integration today, have 4CM set up. Tuner works flawlessly with wah, ef, and comp before it so I was able to remove my pitch black, and also position my afterneath so it’s not hanging sideways off the bottom, definitely a bit cleaner and streamlined

View attachment 14839

Super cool rig. Would love to hear how the HX model compares to that micro tron.

D

Tbh… it doesn’t at all lol. But I’m something of a EF snob also

Figures… I’ve used the model and I enjoy what it does but found it tricky to dial in mainly because of the significant volume drop when you engage it. If I’m really careful I can get it dialed in to be close to unity gain, but still not really all the way there. Does the real pedal have that volume drop?

Actually I see you use the low pass mode, that may change things. The band pass mode is where I’ve spent my time.

D

Figures… I’ve used the model and I enjoy what it does but found it tricky to dial in mainly because of the significant volume drop when you engage it. If I’m really careful I can get it dialed in to be close to unity gain, but still not really all the way there. Does the real pedal have that volume drop?

Actually I see you use the low pass mode, that may change things. The band pass mode is where I’ve spent my time.

D

No volume drop on the real pedal but I do use a compressor with it to even it out

Everything besides low pass sounds a bit thin to me

@Digital Igloo Received the HX One yesterday. So far I really like it, but I haven't yet figured out how to auto-engegage/disengage the Wah with my expression pedal. It was easy with the Stomp but I haven't yet found a way to do the same with the One. Am I too stupid and have overlooked something obvious or is it not possible to assign the bypass to an external switch/pedal?

Last edited:

View attachment 14839

Nice board👍🏻 How do you like the Keeley Compressor? I’ve been watching lots of videos of it and am close to pulling the trigger🤔

Can anyone tell me how long it takes HX One to switch preset using midi program changes, and if you get spillover or not?

Back