NPD - HX one

Hey @spawnofthesith, have you run your HX1 in front of a drive pedal?

I’m finding when I use mine in front of my Keeley Fuzz Head, there’s a crazy amount of noise introduced. Basically unusable. (And it’s just the Phase 90 model, not an HX drive.)

I had to move the Keeley before the HX, which is not a sound I like as much.

Found this thread, as well.
Line or instrument as the output level???

Hey @spawnofthesith, have you run your HX1 in front of a drive pedal?

I’m finding when I use mine in front of my Keeley Fuzz Head, there’s a crazy amount of noise introduced. Basically unusable. (And it’s just the Phase 90 model, not an HX drive.)

I had to move the Keeley before the HX, which is not a sound I like as much.

Found this thread, as well.

Hmm when I first got it I was running it in front of an SD-1 without any issue, but I was using the sd1 so infrequently that I pulled it off my board to make some room. Packing up for a show at the moment but tomorrow I can try and get around to testing it in front of my FZ2 clone

Have you experimented playing with the noisegate, bypass options, in/out impedance, etc.?

Hmm when I first got it I was running it in front of an SD-1 without any issue, but I was using the sd1 so infrequently that I pulled it off my board to make some room. Packing up for a show at the moment but tomorrow I can try and get around to testing it in front of my FZ2 clone

Have you experimented playing with the noisegate, bypass options, in/out impedance, etc.?

Thanks, that would be great, and yes, I’ve tried the noise gate and bypass options, not the impedance though.

@TubeStack I finally got around to trying this and I am not finding any increased noise running in front of the FZ-2 :idk

On a perhaps slightly related note, last night at practice I went to use the acoustic sim model with my ENGL. I was met with horrible screeching and it was basically unusable. My initial thought was that maybe it wasnt getting along with the amp (I have used that effect with my 5153 several times without issue). I did go to check the settings to poke around and suddenly it was working perfectly. The thing is, I'm not exactly sure what I did because I was kinda of button mashing but it suddenly was working perfect without any noise

@TubeStack I finally got around to trying this and I am not finding any increased noise running in front of the FZ-2 :idk

On a perhaps slightly related note, last night at practice I went to use the acoustic sim model with my ENGL. I was met with horrible screeching and it was basically unusable. My initial thought was that maybe it wasnt getting along with the amp (I have used that effect with my 5153 several times without issue). I did go to check the settings to poke around and suddenly it was working perfectly. The thing is, I'm not exactly sure what I did because I was kinda of button mashing but it suddenly was working perfect without any noise

Thanks! Yeah, I've kind of just accepted that the Fuzz Head will have to go in front of the HX1. Too lazy to deal with returns, etc, when a new one might just do the same thing.

I found a workaround to get a similar tone, which is to use the red channel on my Electra Dyne (without the FH) which effectively puts phase before a boosted tone, as well, just from the amp and not a pedal. Not as fuzzy/unique a sound as the FH, but still a great sound.

Thanks! Yeah, I've kind of just accepted that the Fuzz Head will have to go in front of the HX1. Too lazy to deal with returns, etc, when a new one might just do the same thing.

I found a workaround to get a similar tone, which is to use the red channel on my Electra Dyne (without the FH) which effectively puts phase before a boosted tone, as well, just from the amp and not a pedal. Not as fuzzy/unique a sound as the FH, but still a great sound.
Is this an Electra Dyne specific rig? Do you have the QC as its own thing or do you plan on parking it with some analog gear for 4cm?

Can't find much on this noise complaint to be honest. I guess I need to go read the thread at TOP.

I'm looking to just use one for pitch effects, modulation effects, and the occasional drive.

Can't find much on this noise complaint to be honest. I guess I need to go read the thread at TOP.

I'm looking to just use one for pitch effects, modulation effects, and the occasional drive.

Can confirm pitch and modulation fx are incredible. Poly capo :satan:satan:satan I haven't spent that much time on the drives, but had good success using the KoT model at a sit in gig with my vintage deluxe reverb

Man, I am loving the HX One now! I actually bought it as an add-on to my QC, but then got the idea of trying it in front of my amp in a 4cm board, which has worked out fantastic. HX1 in front + Stomp In The Loop™ is amazing! Along with a Keeley Fuzz Head and wah, it's all I need, love the simplicity. I don't ever have more than two pedals on in front of an amp, anyway. (Also, call me crazy, but the HX1 seems to sound better than my HXFX did, fidelity-wise…)

Either way, really digging this new small-yet-mighty HX board. :love

L6/HX effects are just :chef.

Back