Not sure where to post this: Two notes Revolt.

Bruce

Shredder
It is an amp sim. It is a preamp. It is a pedal. Kinda fits 3 categories.

Anyone got one? Thoughts?

This showed up unexpectedly. Going to check it out tomorrow. I just green screened my desk area so maybe some video too. Lets see.

Attachments

• FC4FBBBB-0D62-4316-B036-BC1A73DB33AC.jpeg
    FC4FBBBB-0D62-4316-B036-BC1A73DB33AC.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 19
No fair! Gear needs to randomly show up at my house one of these days
Actually showed up at my pals house unexpectedly, then came into my possession unexpectedly. “Wanna review this”? sure! I want to give my new green screen rig a shot and make a half an ass of myself so lets do this. I’m super excited about the video editing to be honest. After putting up my green background, I shot 10 seconds of video and in 2 minutes I learned how to replace the space behind my desk with an enormous set of boobs! My wife was less than thrilled when I showed her but she knows what she married.

Pleased with it generally. Felt it was a bit over-priced and feature set poor compared to the competition.

But if you want all-analog for some reason, it’s an option. Sent mine back and went Blackstar which is apparently the opposite of Badlander around these parts.

Pleased with it generally. Felt it was a bit over-priced and feature set poor compared to the competition.

But if you want all-analog for some reason, it’s an option. Sent mine back and went Blackstar which is apparently the opposite of Badlander around these parts.

Can you say that last sentence louder so JT can actually hear you this time? :idk

:rofl

Can you say that last sentence louder so JT can actually hear you this time? :idk

:rofl
Good one Sir! I have the feeling that JT has experience and opinions here and is traveling down those paths. Good for him yet we do all learn here.

I would point to @santiall comments regarding approaches on amp. Play live with a dense mix use Marshall. Great amp. Sits in the live mix well.

Playing at home with lower volumes or recording “produced” tracks for a final mix down? You might look elsewhere. Something with amp, cabinet, mic, ambience, EQ, multiple gain voices and more… with a well-used tube apparently. I like it anyway.

So know
So let me see, digital modeling is ok and tubes are ok and supposedly analog is ok… until it isn’t?

This seems like a tired retread position.
IMO, do whatever the EF it takes to deliver a product that works for my needs. If it doesn’t suit others they are free to go wherever they like. I’ll think that whatever floats their boat is cool and I’m not inclined to bash It. On the other hand, folks bashing products they don’t like for one reason or another might help me as the manufacturer might be forced to aggressively price things. Win for me but it probably does hurt innovative R&D since the market has strong preconceptions about what engineering is acceptable. 15 year old me would *kill* for the options we have today.

The old Peavey blue-stripe Bandit only went so far.

0A6A8B5B-265D-46A2-8D6B-B21877CF37A0.jpeg

So know

So let me see, digital modeling is ok and tubes are ok and supposedly analog is ok… until it isn’t?

This seems like a tired retread position.
IMO, do whatever the EF it takes to deliver a product that works for my needs. If it doesn’t suit others they are free to go wherever they like. I’ll think that whatever floats their boat is cool and I’m not inclined to bash It. On the other hand, folks bashing products they don’t like for one reason or another might help me as the manufacturer might be forced to aggressively price things. Win for me but it probably does hurt innovative R&D since the market has strong preconceptions about what engineering is acceptable. 15 year old me would *kill* for the options we have today.

The old Peavey blue-stripe Bandit only went so far.

View attachment 3790
I was kidding :sofa:beer

Oh; and agree x BAZILLION on the absolute DUMPTRUCK full of great sounding options available at every tier today. I don't want to use the acronym but it is certainly applicable in this day an age.

Back