Non-CS Fenders now over $3,000

$2k MIM Fenders already exist. So I am not all that surprised. :idk
1710701379810.png

Jesus, my first CS Fender Tele was $2400. Not that long ago either. Crazy times. Someone must be buying them... :idk

I would love to know more about the market behind these prices. What is driving this?

It’s hard to imagine there are that many people out there willing to pay over $3k for a Brent Mason Tele.

I’m a huge Brent Mason fan and a huge Fender fan, but no chance I’d spend that kind of money on that guitar

I'd also suggest investigating MIJ Strats. Many of those are of exceptional quality and
are still great deals on the used market. :chef

I'd also suggest investigating MIJ Strats. Many of those are of exceptional quality and
are still great deals on the used market. :chef

The necks have been pretty thin on most of the mij strats I've played. I really wanted to like a CAR mij reissue 60s tele but the neck was much too thin and generic feeling for me. It was actually the reason I had my purple tele put together.

The necks have been pretty thin on most of the mij strats I've played. I really wanted to like a CAR mij reissue 60s tele but the neck was much too thin and generic feeling for me. It was actually the reason I had my purple tele put together.

I was told this exact thing about an Aerodyne I bought and now I love it. Weird!

I tend to gravitate towards 50's era/style necks that are on the fatter and wider side.

I just love the MIJ attention to detail. That Japanese aesthetic is something that I
really dig.

I’ve wondered if part of what we’re seeing is the market shifting from working musicians to “lifestyle” collectors.

Instead of tools for a job guitars are becoming luxury collectibles

I wouldn't doubt it, Met.

#Wallhangers4TheWin

Back