No one wants the HXFX

TubeStack

Shredder
This is my second time selling an HXFX and it's been listed a few weeks with very little interest. It seems like it only sells at below 50% of the new price. I've got it priced just above 50% right now and nothing's happening.

Whereas my Stomp sold in a day, and that was actually the one I would have preferred to keep if it didn't move easily.

Anyone else find this? I guess the Stomp XL has rendered the HXFX less appealing?

It's probably the cannibalizing by the Stomp/XL, aaaaand the fact that the HXFX, their dedicated effects unit, skimped out on the variable input impedance circuit.

It's their one box which is meant to do nothing but emulate real-world effects realistically, and yet it is also the only one that doesn't sound like the rest of the HX family because it was neutered. :idk:horse

It's probably the cannibalizing by the Stomp/XL, aaaaand the fact that the HXFX, their dedicated effects unit, skimped out on the variable input impedance circuit.

It's their one box which is meant to do nothing but emulate real-world effects realistically, and yet it is also the only one that doesn't sound like the rest of the HX family because it was neutered. :idk:horse

Maybe, but I don’t think the average local buyer is that nerded-out on gear… (though I certainly am)…

I’ve been tempted to buy one even though I don’t need it. With the number of foot switches plus scribble strips they’re a bargain IMO for what they go for. The lack of variable input impedance has been one of the reasons I don’t get one. That’s a head scratcher of a decision to leave that out.

D

Not so sure it's the omission of impedance circuit.

I'd rather put this on some folks still being skeptics about "digital", unaware of what they're missing out on. ;)

Especially this far into firmware updates. The HX FX is a great unit, impedance circuit or not.

And it'll only get better... <3

I see them pop up locally all the time. There's almost always one available on any given day from West Palm down to Miami and they're generally $400. I'd imagine the availability alone plays into that. I've been interested in getting one just to see what the Helix world is like but because I see so many of them and it's not a necessity I just figure I'll wait until I see a really good price on one.

This is my second time selling an HXFX and it's been listed a few weeks with very little interest. It seems like it only sells at below 50% of the new price. I've got it priced just above 50% right now and nothing's happening.

Whereas my Stomp sold in a day, and that was actually the one I would have preferred to keep if it didn't move easily.

Anyone else find this? I guess the Stomp XL has rendered the HXFX less appealing?

When I sold mine a couple years ago I ended up settling for 325 bucks for it. I think I started at 375 and it sat for weeks on CL then I stuck it on Reverb @ 360 and accepted an offer of 325. I dont like to wait around when I am selling something.

I see them pop up locally all the time. There's almost always one available on any given day from West Palm down to Miami and they're generally $400. I'd imagine the availability alone plays into that. I've been interested in getting one just to see what the Helix world is like but because I see so many of them and it's not a necessity I just figure I'll wait until I see a really good price on one.

Funny enough, mine is the only one posted in all of Ontario. And the few ones posted in other provinces are all $200+ more than mine.

Isn't that absolutely crucial only for fuzzes (fuzzs, fuzzi?)
So not an issue since they're the lamest effect anyway :LOL:

I found it to affect the Rangemaster and Fuzz Face models the most, the rest is decent enough and tweakable to sound good, even without variable impedance.

When I had the Stomp, the impedance was immediately set to 1mOhm on every patch. So would I care about this on the HXFX? Doesn’t sound like it.

Reactions: JT
I think just three. Is that right? Yeah three.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back