No one wants the HXFX

Isn't that absolutely crucial only for fuzzes (fuzzs, fuzzi?)
So not an issue since they're the lamest effect anyway :LOL:

No it effects quite a few different models including mods, delays, and drives. With some (like cosmos echo) it’s dramatic, like two completely and totally different models between its stock impedance and 1M.

D

Okay, possibly a stupid question (but this is how we learn).
Is the variable impedance thing only an issue if plugging the guitar directly into the HXFX?
For example, if I run my HXFX into the loop of my Switchblade or Effect Gizmo, is the lack of VI no longer relevant?

Yes...the impedance is set by the first thing (effect/amp input) that you plug into unless it's a True bypass pedal that is OFF.

Last edited:
The HXFX looks super interesting, but because I have the Stomp XL it seems redundant. Also I don't really play amps much.

I am not a big fan of the screen or the (iirc) silk screened locked functionality buttons. Or the size. The Stomp Is GoldilocksTM

If nothing else, the HXFX is proof that those 5 guys that occasionally find their way to the d&m section of tgp wondering why so-and-so doesn't make an effects-only version or why there aren't just good multi-effects without modeling anymore...aren't the tip-of-an-unmet-market iceberg

If nothing else, the HXFX is proof that those 5 guys that occasionally find their way to the d&m section of tgp wondering why so-and-so doesn't make an effects-only version or why there aren't just good multi-effects without modeling anymore...aren't the tip-of-an-unmet-market iceberg

That was/is totally me. :rofl However, I came to the same realization myself trying to sell this HXFX, in that there clearly isn't a lot of demand anymore for effects-only digital pedals.

But I still think there is some value for companies in keeping them as a ”digital gateway drug” for amp and pedals guys.

The HXFX is what brought me to D&M forums and also led me to buy:

Helix Floor and Stomp
Kemper Stage
FM3 and FM9

Of all the above, I've kept only the FM9 so far, but I still bought them all in a direct line that runs from the HXFX. And I think another Stomp is in my future, at some point. I don't think I'd have bought any of them without first easing in with the HXFX.

Reactions: JT
That was/is totally me. :rofl However, I came to the same realization myself trying to sell this HXFX, in that there clearly isn't a lot of demand anymore for effects-only digital pedals.

But I still think there is some value for companies in keeping them as a ”digital gateway drug” for amp and pedals guys.

The HXFX is what brought me to D&M forums and also led me to buy:

Helix Floor and Stomp
Kemper Stage
FM3 and FM9

Of all the above, I've kept only the FM9 so far, but I still bought them all in a direct line that runs from the HXFX. And I think another Stomp is in my future, at some point. I don't think I'd have bought any of them without first easing in with the HXFX.
I see people occasionally ask for ME-80 replacements and I think there could be a market for that? With dedicated knobs and individual pedals if they could somehow make it a tactile experience and not try to turn it into another GT/GX/GR thing?

I'm not much of a modeler guy, have tried the Boss Katana, Strymon Iridium, and the Stomp XL. I'm more of an amp guy I guess, so its no surprise I really like the HXFX - after reading this thread I guess I am the target audience.

To me the Stomp was overkill, and I spent way too much time scrolling / tweaking, and not enough time playing. Eventually I "downgraded" to an HXFX and it suits me much better - I just needed some modulation, delays, and looping options. Haven't noticed any impedance issues with the HXFX, maybe because I keep it in an isolated loop of a switcher. :idk

I'm not much of a modeler guy, have tried the Boss Katana, Strymon Iridium, and the Stomp XL. I'm more of an amp guy I guess, so its no surprise I really like the HXFX - after reading this thread I guess I am the target audience.

To me the Stomp was overkill, and I spent way too much time scrolling / tweaking, and not enough time playing. Eventually I "downgraded" to an HXFX and it suits me much better - I just needed some modulation, delays, and looping options. Haven't noticed any impedance issues with the HXFX, maybe because I keep it in an isolated loop of a switcher. :idk
Did I sell you mine? :bag :rofl

I’ve had a DL4 v2 listed at $220 for a couple months without an offer. Falls into the id rather keep and never use, then let it go for less than 200 camp. :ROFLMAO:

Must be a Line 6 thing, since they have all the price tiers filled with solid products. Few reasons to buy used unless at a real value.

But L6 said people didn't want amp models in the HXFX.
I'd love having the preamp-only models onboard, just for the sake of it, since it'd be awesome to use them into a power amp.

But I know it's definitely not bound to happen, sadly, as it'd probably pose a threat to the Stomp.

Question: do the two loops take up blocks in the chain, on the HXFX, like they do on everything else? Every time I see a picture of one, it's never one of the selected options.

1 loop = 1 block
Damn. Yeah, I figured it’d be the same, but thought I’d ask. I was looking for a catch all pedal that does the stuff I don’t use a ton, so I was looking at the M5. Then I’m like “nah, that shit is too old and doesn’t sound as good as HX” then I was looking at the H9, but dread being tethered to an app.

Then I saw this, and confirmed HXFX basically go for $300 used. Damn. That’s 1.5 boutique pedals. It’s a little big; but would encompass the little used effects (tremolo, univibe, flanger), but also add in the nutty delays and reverbs HX stuff does, which is awesome.

Damn. Yeah, I figured it’d be the same, but thought I’d ask. I was looking for a catch all pedal that does the stuff I don’t use a ton, so I was looking at the M5. Then I’m like “nah, that s**t is too old and doesn’t sound as good as HX” then I was looking at the H9, but dread being tethered to an app.

Then I saw this, and confirmed HXFX basically go for $300 used. Damn. That’s 1.5 boutique pedals. It’s a little big; but would encompass the little used effects (tremolo, univibe, flanger), but also add in the nutty delays and reverbs HX stuff does, which is awesome.
Clearly you need another Stomp...

Back