NMD: Line 6 Helix Floor

I'm pretty sure "his Mrs" is a Mesa Electra-Dyne, and she's in on all the freaky action.

Understanding Season 4 GIF by Paramount+

Maybe?

Winter - QC
Spring - Helix
Summer - Fractal
Fall - Kemper

That looks like a great rotation to me... :rofl

One difference now though, is that I've tried all those (+BOSS), and yet still returned to HX, which I always seem to do. I've never returned to any of the others, but HX I've now come back to probably three times.

And yes, the Electra Dyne has never left, all of these devices have been in addition to/in service of that main squeeze.

[insert graphic_design_is_my_passion.jpg here]

Think Helix LT specs (DSP, I/Os and the likes), but in something roughly the size of a Quad Cortex.

hack-png.3636
I'd need at least a couple of footswitches more there. And 6 footswitches/snapshots would still be too tight for my use.

Add 4 footswitches more, please 😬

DI, since there's currently no more Variax, is there any possibility the port could be repurposed for Helix Control?

-Mirror Mode - Shows the same controls as your Helix, but let's you control remotely.
-Expanded Mode - For extra controls/Command Center fun.
Theoretically, yes, but it wouldn't be easy.

We added USB and a DC In on Helix Control in case we ever had the time and inclination to make it a standalone controller for Helix Native, and that hasn't happened yet either. I would imagine the lower attach rate for using Helix Control as footswitch expansion for Floor, Rack, and LT (plus all the firmware work required for those SKUs to support it) means it's a nonstarter, unfortunately. :cry:

Helix Control in case we ever had the time and inclination to make it a standalone controller for Helix Native,

And while we're at that: HXN could be realized in a way you'd never need HX Edit, hence 100% mirroring your hardware (minus the loops).
As is, controlling HXN with whatever floor controllers is difficult and as far as patch compatibility with the hardware units goes, it's not much better, either, it's really only compatible with some easy patches, once there's just any kind of, say, path switching happening, the hardware and HXN won't live in harmony at all anymore.

Theoretically, yes, but it wouldn't be easy.

We added USB and a DC In on Helix Control in case we ever had the time and inclination to make it a standalone controller for Helix Native, and that hasn't happened yet either. I would imagine the lower attach rate for using Helix Control as footswitch expansion for Floor, Rack, and LT (plus all the firmware work required for those SKUs to support it) means it's a nonstarter, unfortunately. :cry:

That's understandable.

This Gator case should be arriving later today. :love

View attachment 20015
View attachment 20016

Okay, the Gator case is here and is pretty cool. Kind of big, and I could do without the wheels and pulling handle, but overall I like it. Pretty chunky, weight-wise, with the Helix inside, but definitely feels solid and well-protected.

Now I can strut into the gig all like...

bag suitcase GIF by The Hills

Or maybe I can get this guy to help:

Suitcase Pulls GIF

Having a blast with the Helix. I am very comfortable and "at home" in the HX world and really enjoying working with the HX Queen. :love

A few updates:

- I LOVE using it as an "HXFX Deluxe" in 4cm with my Electra Dyne; definitely its best and most-fitting use for my needs, just can't say enough about how great it is in this application, for me :chef

- so good to have all my favourite HX effects available, just makes me happy

- really love how quick it is to touch a switch and have all/most of the parameters instantly on the perfectly-sized screen, with the knobs directly under them (I prefer this latter aspect to the QC's switches-as-knobs, but slightly off kilter to the screen setup); and I now agree with @Orvillain that this is preferable to a touchscreen and/or switches as knobs; also much faster and easier than the HXFX or Stomp

- I'll be honest, I've had a "jury is still out" feeling regarding the amp models, having come from Fractal/QC/Kemper, and not ever exploring HX's much with my Stomp
- however, I've been getting great sounds with the MK IV Lead
- AND, this morning I discovered the Bogner Shiva - which I know has similarities to my Dyne - and I am LOVING that one :love
> I didn't even know this model was in there ("German Mahadeva" did not make a connection in my brain :grin)

- overall I'm feeling like HX amp models have really improved over the years, with the oversampling update from a while ago, and deserve further credit/exploration on my part

- I'm also looking forward to trying some vocal processing on my "singing ":farley with my band and got some great tips and a fully laid-out signal path from @Digital Igloo to try out, literally five minutes after I posted a question asking for help here :love

> that kind of customer service and care ^^^ is really something special about L6 and DEFINITELY something NDSP could learn from, there is no comparison, really

Other points:

- the Gator case is pretty awesome, but with the Helix inside it is pretty heavy, as mentioned; I looked it up and it totals 26 lbs, which is the same as some tube amp heads... :rofl; if there is any point that could cause me to breakup/look elsewhere, as @la szum so cynically-yet-realistically predicted, it's probably this one; my little Stomp + HX One Metro 20 board is WAY easier to cart around, no doubt

- however, if I can build up enough pure love and can't-go-without-it sentiment for the Floor, the kind I have for my 43 lb Electra Dyne head, it bodes much better for the long term, sticking-with-it potential, as I'm far likelier to deal with it if I have that kind of ongoing happiness

- also, there's the "inconvenience offstage for more convenience on stage" approach, which could work in the Floor's favour, too

- I do love how there are not a bunch of tiny power + guitar cables to worry about, or connections between pedals, etc; very easy to set up and take down, overall

- overall I'm feeling like HX amp models have really improved over the years, with the oversampling update from a while ago, and deserve further credit/exploration on my part

-

I have heard the Helix almost every week since it first came out. My friend
was an early adopter and he has used it ever since---except for a brief fling
with the Headrush Prime. That oversampling update made a massive
difference. Especially on the top end. The granularity of the distortion is a lot
more pleasing now. It used to grate on my ears. Sort of the "You can't unhear
it if you have already heard it," sort of thing.

Oh, and if it is factual, comes to pass, and is so realistic it is true, then is really all
that cynical??? :idk

Hope it works out for you. :beer

The only reason I was ever "realistic" is due to your past history, and your penchant
for portability in gigging. The Helix is not that. Same reason I sold my FM9. :hugitout

Back