NMD: Line 6 Helix Floor

Helix LT should've been Helix Mini with half the switches and no expression pedal
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

I have the Helix LT...the streamlined version. Still a very capable all-in-one. (At least for my part)
My backup is a PodGo. Light weight, portable and has all the meat & potatoes I need... :clint

I have the Helix LT...the streamlined version. Still a very capable all-in-one. (At least for my part)
My backup is a PodGo. Light weight, portable and has all the meat & potatoes I need... :clint
LT owner here too. Considered the Floor for a week, just to make sure I wouldn't miss anything, and to this day I still think I'm not missing anything. I mean, the DSP power is the same, right?

If so, having more loop fx and microphone input wasn't sexy enough. I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of microphone effects on the same unit, and I actually got a multieffects to get rid of as much external pedals as possible.

I started combining a Big Muff, a shimmer, a polytuner and a Pitch Fork with the LT. Now I only keep the polytuner, and I'm seriously considering getting rid of it as well and getting used to Helix's string by string tuning.

Congrats on your new modeler.

I was fortunate to get my Helix from the first batch released in the US. Even with all of my "real" amps & Axe FX3, I still enjoy the Helix floor. It's my go to device for jamming with friends away from home.

If you've got the amps, try 7CM and run wet/dry or stereo fx! It worked surprisingly well when I had the Helix Floor.

I'm still annoyed that Line6 never released the goldilocks device in between the HX Stomp and full Helix. Helix LT should've been Helix Mini with half the switches and no expression pedal.
Isn't that the HX Stomp XL?

The Stomp XL but with twice the processing power.
Ah, true that. Well, maybe for Helix 2nd generation :)

I would get rid of the Floor model. The LT-2 could be the flagship model and the Stomp XL-2 could be like the current one but with full UI and DSP power.

I will say, I had some doubts/reservations about buying a modeler in 2024 that originally came out in 2015, but I've come to see Helix's staying power as a plus, same with Kemper.

@GuitarJon's recent Helix In 2024 video also helped.

Even when the inevitable next gen comes, the old line of "helix V2 doesn't make helix V1 sound worse" has never been more true!

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to justify a new generation of Helix. Apart from more DSP power, it should have some amazing revamped UI with new features for people to really want to upgrade. In terms of sound quality and effects variety, it's hard to get better than this.

As indicated with the wild, wanton removal of all screen/scribble strip protective plastics, I'm ALL IN on this baby. Even if a successor comes out in a year or two (which I think @Digital Igloo has said isn't likely?), I'm all good. (Not saying I wouldn't get the newer one, haha.)

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to justify a new generation of Helix. Apart from more DSP power, it should have some amazing revamped UI with new features for people to really want to upgrade. In terms of sound quality and effects variety, it's hard to get better than this.
form factor

No backpack?

No. I thought about it, but went with the Gator instead. I'm into the hard case thing right now, started with the Metro 20 PT I picked up a couple months ago.

Also, I have a general gig bag that I prefer sticking with, over trying to combine its contents with the HX bag.

CongoRats sir! Digital is soooo good right now. Helix has been one of if not the best purchases for me. I still get gas and buy things, enjoy the other stuff but always back to the good ole Helix. Just in the last few months I got an Engl, Recto, Mark V and a Stealth but I spend way more time on the Helix.

Back