NMD: FM3 MKI

Oooh bad roll. My +5 GFY shield resisted your blade of weakness and you fell into the pit of woe.

Freaks And Geeks Nerd GIF

This might be my favorite comeback on this forum yet.

You could try these Rockboard Flax MIDI cables.

13648961_800.jpg

They can be bent to be right angle or anything in between.

You can also remove the plastic "guide" if you want to make it lower profile ... and then it really doesn't matter in most situations if it's right angle or straight.

So I learned all about modifiers and controllers today. Well at least as much as I need to know to be dangerous with this thing. Also learned about assigning the EXP pedal and getting it to taper and such properly. Experimenting with some other amps too. There's no way in the world (unless you want one sound) that this thing is plug and play.

Baby steps Bob, baby steps..
bill murray film GIF

Learning Fractalese is a bit cumbersome but I'm getting there. Config-wise I have the 3 switches running 6 scenes which are clean and wet clean, dirt and wet dirt, solos and special solos like for certain songs etc etc. Then The Ampero Control is set up for bank up, bank down, tuner, and tap tempo.

Last edited:
So I learned all about modifiers and controllers today. Well at least as much as I need to know to be dangerous with this thing. Also learned about assigning the EXP pedal and getting it to taper and such properly. Experimenting with some other amps too. There's no way in the world (unless you want one sound) that this thing is plug and play.

bill murray film GIF

Learning Fractalese is a bit cumbersome but I'm getting there. Config-wise I have the 3 switches running 6 scenes which are clean and wet clean, dirt and wet dirt, solos and special solos like for certain songs etc etc. Then The Ampero Control is set up for bank up, bank down, tuner, and tap tempo.
Hmm
Modifiers you say …
Another thing I’ll have to look into 😳
My pea-brain can only absorb a fractional at a time 😂😂😂

Hmm
Modifiers you say …
Another thing I’ll have to look into 😳
My pea-brain can only absorb a fractional at a time 😂😂😂

Same. What I am doing is writing out what I need to accomplish with my patches, and then going step by step building and using youtube, the manual, and the Fractal forums to get there. I have run into a few road blocks so far but managed to work around them.

Same. What I am doing is writing out what I need to accomplish with my patches, and then going step by step building and using youtube, the manual, and the Fractal forums to get there. I have run into a few road blocks so far but managed to work around them.
Your goals as an accomplished performer are somewhat different than mine Bob.
It’s cool to hear about your journey with the FM3 !

bill murray film GIF

thank goodness I don't have to deal with all of that. :rofl

yet...

Wouldn't it be easier to get Cooper Carters FM3 Masterclass to always have as a reference ?
Seems like a smart investment.....( $99.99 )

Last edited:
I was not aware of it but so far I have been doing well with the manual and the myriad of youtube Fractal experts like Doug, Leon and Rosh.

Just in case you wanted to check it out....

Mathew Dale also has some great Stuff
Leon , Cooper, Rosh, Mathew with these 4 and all their content you can find practically everything you need to learn Fractalese

:beer

Back