NMD: FM3 MKI

vubdiscord-cult.gif

Damn, is there anybody out there that doesn't like Fractal gear?:cuss

I may have to sell my body to acquire a unit.:rofl

It's actually not my favorite amp tonewise but in terms of capability I have to give it the credit it's due. No other hardware I've owned (and I own/owned them all at this point) offer the level of physical quality, reliability and flexibility of FAS products plus the range and quality of FX. I am a little put off by some of the apparent cultism over at the forums, but the same can be said for any gear - and plus, I don't care because it's gear lol. I've owned 7 FAS units at this point too. Currently I'm using an FM3 with tonex, which while not quite what I want to do is actually a pretty perfect combination. So to answer your question - I don't "not" like FAS gear and nor do I really praise it, it's just what I often find is best for the job.

It's actually not my favorite amp tonewise but in terms of capability I have to give it the credit it's due. No other hardware I've owned (and I own/owned them all at this point) offer the level of physical quality, reliability and flexibility of FAS products plus the range and quality of FX. I am a little put off by some of the apparent cultism over at the forums, but the same can be said for any gear - and plus, I don't care because it's gear lol. I've owned 7 FAS units at this point too. Currently I'm using an FM3 with tonex, which while not quite what I want to do is actually a pretty perfect combination. So to answer your question - I don't "not" like FAS gear and nor do I really praise it, it's just what I often find is best for the job.
Yeah, I'm mostly being silly. But FAS does appear to get unanimous praise, with maybe a few quibbles here and there about the interface. Even so -- I kind of doubt that I'll grab anything from FAS... at least in the near future. I've had too many other expenses this year unrelated to gear. And really, I'm content at the moment with what I'm using (yeah sure--we've all heard that before:grin). On the modeling side I have the Helix XL and various plugins to keep me busy. Also plenty of pedals and tube amps when I need them. Focusing more on making music with what I have, but it's easy to get swept up in the gear world with all the wonderful tools available.

Damn, is there anybody out there that doesn't like Fractal gear?:cuss
I have a long list of criticisms, mostly regarding usability, but I can't fault them for how they sound. I keep coming back to them despite having taken ventures away from Fractal.

I'm eager to see what they do for next gen.

I have a long list of criticisms, mostly regarding usability, but I can't fault them for how they sound. I keep coming back to them despite having taken ventures away from Fractal.

I'm eager to see what they do for next gen.
And that says a lot to keep coming back. They obviously sound great.

Yes I love & praise my Fractal because its what is good for me and my goals, that being said anything out there is also great, depends on ones needs, preferences and goals, we live in the golden age for music gear

Cheers
Mike
Yup. Despite the hate it gets, I think the Headrush MX5 is a fantastic piece of gear. Pretty sure it's going to serve as my backup when I start gigging again.

It has some shortcomings in the time based effects department but I really can't think of any other criticisms. I'd love if it had an editor but that's not really a criticism of the unit itself. Most of the amps sound great, modulations are very usable, and the drop tune function is as good as Helix poly capo for tuning down.

I still have yet to try one. I have felt like it a time or two but can never muster up the effort to do so?

It's a legit unit. It's not gonna force anyone away from a Fractal but it's a pretty powerful rig for such a small size. Way better than a NuX MG30 or any of the MOOER offerings I have had like 250 and 300.

Man, you must be dialing that sucker in really well, Bob. I have heard the MX5 in person, and it sounded like
instant trash to my ears..... and looks a bit like a toy to me. My Thursday night jam buddy bought the Prime a
few months ago when it came out, and outside the touch screen I am not wowed by anything I have heard. :idk

Man, you must be dialing that sucker in really well, Bob. I have heard the MX5 in person, and it sounded like
instant trash to my ears..... and looks a bit like a toy to me. My Thursday night jam buddy bought the Prime a
few months ago when it came out, and outside the touch screen I am not wowed by anything I have heard. :idk
he's probably using the craptastic built in cabs. I use YA Mesa 212 IR's and the SLO100 amp. Sounds great to me with my Array system.

I dont think it was the Headrush. pretty sure it was the shit power.
Sooo..., would that be anything like a guitar whose neck was so sensitive that it goes out of whack if played outdoors in high humidity?

Iow, gear needs to have less-than-perfect (power) situations taken into account in its design, if the intent is to gig it. Imo

Did any other gear that night suffer from this bad power?

Sooo..., would that be anything like a guitar whose neck was so sensitive that it goes out of whack if played outdoors in high humidity?

Iow, gear needs to have less-than-perfect (power) situations taken into account in its design, if the intent is to gig it. Imo

Did any other gear that night suffer from this bad power?
That’s a great point, but in Bob’s case he has indeed had other gear do funny things recently.

Back