NMD: FM3 MKI

The limited travel on some of the EXP Pedals I have used makes them almost unusable for Wah. I am looking
at you Mission Engineering. :hmm

It's got this much travel.

Kind Of Kinda GIF by Bounce

IMG_4477.jpeg

I never realized there was this much of a difference, but this explains why I dial the sweep back when I dial in wah pedals!

It works just fine. :rofl

Crybaby’s are the one piece of gear I’ve had shit out on me numerous times and I’ve had zero problems buying them again. This Cantrell wah has lasted quite a while though, I went through 3 of them from 98-07 and this has been the only wah pedal I’ve owned since ’08/‘09, my former in-laws actually bought it for me for my birthday.

I am already finding stuff and learning things I didnt when I had the FM9 for a spell. To be fair my brain was mired by an insane work project back when I got the FM9 and I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with it and when it came decision time I went with familiarity in the Helix LT.

I haven't delved into setting up the switches yet. Just experimenting and building a few patches. Also was going through the shed last night and found a speaker that I forgot I had. A Eminence Legend "Modeling Speaker". I don't know what it came out of but I popped it in my Spidervalve 1x12 combo and I'll de damned if it's not a great speaker for it. The FM3 really shines direct to return. The Marshalls are just fantastic especially the JTM45 with a Rat in front.

I went and grabbed Beta 7 to be able to use the Dyna Cabs for DAW and direct use and just wow. Not just the quality of sound but the ease of moving the mics anywhere and the auto phase alignment feature is just a Godsend.

Really enjoying this go round with a Fractal piece. Gonna dive into setting up the switches soon but right now just learning how to navigate things better.

It works just fine. :rofl

Crybaby’s are the one piece of gear I’ve had shit out on me numerous times and I’ve had zero problems buying them again. This Cantrell wah has lasted quite a while though, I went through 3 of them from 98-07 and this has been the only wah pedal I’ve owned since ’08/‘09, my former in-laws actually bought it for me for my birthday.
Crybabies are my favorite wah by far. I've had a bunch of them and currently have the Dime Wah on my board because it's a beefed up 535q. It's every wah possible and has a nifty overdrive switch. I had the Petrucci wah before too, and it sounds great as well, but I prefer the knobs on the outside vs having to dissect the pedal to turn the internal pots.

Back