NMD: Axe-Fx III MK II Turbo (J.F)

Took me 2 years to get a a good JCM800 on the Helix, let's see how many years it will take me to get an uncompensated NFB control on the AxeFx. šŸ˜

I know for certain that nobody will complain about extra accuracy, this is always a good thing.
I can already envision Leon making a video about it. šŸ˜

Last edited:
Itā€™s just more stuff that gets in the way, I donā€™t for see any situation where the stock presets will be useful for me so Iā€™d rather put things there that do what I need than things I have to scroll past every time
Yeah, that makes sense. In the Edit app I have already found myself wishing the preset menu would default to wherever I left off in my last session. I just assumed there was a way for that to happen that Iā€™d thus far overlooked.

I suppose given enough time (if I remain team Fractal) I am likely to save my fave factory presets to higher slots and work on my own in the lower range.

I just want to add that on a real amp when people adjust the NFB pot they compensate with the Master Volume, so it will be useful to have both on the same tab (MV duplicate).

Aren't you a tone master pro believer?

Don't have a tonemaster pro. got a Axe-Fx III mk2, Quad Cortex, HX Stomp, Kemper Stage, Katana Artist mk2, Mustang GTX100, Marshall Code, Yamaha THR30ii. I'm 90% done with modeling right now tho other than as a pedal platform or experimenting, spent half a decade cheer leading and participating and contributing to the big boys only now to hear proper damping and power supply component interaction coming from niche developers that tout more harmonic substance than match EQ. between a JHS clover at the front, catalinbread foundation pedals, joyo brit/AC/american/Cali sound, and a JHS colourbox v2 at the end it's real components doing real interaction, I can run that chain into any clean channel and it's more amp than any modeler yet

s933511564982906737_p94_i1_w945.jpeg

the thing I found most helpful outside of great tone and matched cabs was the time AB spends a lot of time setting the levels , its really good you can go through his presets and very rarely get a sonic blast , its great for users new to the platform or that need to get gigging quickly

If I were Cliff/Fractal, Iā€™d be shipping every with Live Gold on it. I wouldnā€™t go through it and make a preset for every variation of every amp, like one BE-100 preset would be more than adequate. Step through the channels within the scenes instead of making new presets for every channel.

I know even after watching videos and reading about it for years before I got one, the presets to me seemed like walking into a museum where they use artifacts and relics to make an exhibit and you end up looking at the story the exhibit is conveying more than the actual artifacts themselves. Sometimes thatā€™s the point, but itā€™s also not always the best learning method when someone wants to start from scratch. And the sheer amount of stuff available doesnā€™t help either.

If someone said ā€œHey, I have a whole studio of amps and cabs all matched up with each other and ready to go, ya wanna come hang and try them all out?ā€ or ā€œHey, I have about 100 heads and thousands and thousands of cabs, you wanna come over and start matching the best cabs with the amps?ā€ā€¦which would ya rather do?

If I were Cliff/Fractal, Iā€™d be shipping every with Live Gold on it. I wouldnā€™t go through it and make a preset for every variation of every amp, like one BE-100 preset would be more than adequate. Step through the channels within the scenes instead of making new presets for every channel.

I know even after watching videos and reading about it for years before I got one, the presets to me seemed like walking into a museum where they use artifacts and relics to make an exhibit and you end up looking at the story the exhibit is conveying more than the actual artifacts themselves. Sometimes thatā€™s the point, but itā€™s also not always the best learning method when someone wants to start from scratch. And the sheer amount of stuff available doesnā€™t help either.

If someone said ā€œHey, I have a whole studio of amps and cabs all matched up with each other and ready to go, ya wanna come hang and try them all out?ā€ or ā€œHey, I have about 100 heads and thousands and thousands of cabs, you wanna come over and start matching the best cabs with the amps?ā€ā€¦which would ya rather do?

I love the factory presets (disclaimer: I've contributed and worked on them as a member of the beta team). They contain so many hidden treasures and secrets. Yet, I agree: for turn-key authentic amp tones, Buddy's stuff delivers. If the preset banks ever were to be expanded, loading them up with Buddy's presets would be a great idea.

Back