Schecter Sunset Triad (triple coil pickup)

GuitarJon

Roadie
Got one of the new Schecter Sunset-7 Triad guitars. So that's the 7-string baritone version (27 inch scale). At first I just really wanted to try the guitar because of the Tripocalyse triple coil humbucker. That's obviously an interesting feature.

When I took the guitar out of the box and started playing it I quickly realised how good this guitar actually is. Plays really well with super low action, well finished, good specs and sounds cool too. It's my first Indonesian made Schecter but luckily the quality is really good and honestly I didn't know what to expect...

The pickups are interesting for sure and it does more than meets the eye! Of course you can get the chugs with position 1 (normal humbucker setting) and also super loud and chunky chugs with position 2 (triple humbucker setting) but with position 3, 4 and 5 you can get some really cool single coil tones. Really love the character of position 4 especially.

Anyway, here's a demo with tones and a feature walk-through as well as my opinions etc:

Do you need a Schecter artist tag in your signature :bag:cop:rofl

Back