NGD: nos 1993 PRS Standard 24

In that era of PRS's, what makes one a Std and another a Custom?

anything PRS "custom" has a thick ass maple cap, like a les paul, "standard" is all mahogany, just one big slab of it

1000132349.gif

Very cool! I hadn't even heard of PRS at the time when this came out, let alone noticed their placement in movies and such (Back To the Future 3,anyone?). School me on that control scheme please. Is one of those knobs a pickup blend?

Very cool! I hadn't even heard of PRS at the time when this came out, let alone noticed their placement in movies and such (Back To the Future 3,anyone?). School me on that control scheme please. Is one of those knobs a pickup blend?

master volume with a brutal bright cap, master tone that's basically a parked wah, and 5 way rotary pickup select, rotary switch so they can do coil yoga

1000132353.jpg

1000132354.jpg

The knob behind the bridge towards the lower bout is a 5-way rotary selector.

And IIRC, didn't they change what the positions were after the sweet switch was discontinued, or thereabouts...?
I’m honestly not sure. My PRS knowledge doesn’t include the sweet switch era because my oldest PRS isn’t that old.

Back