NGD: Martin DSS-17

Beautiful Guitar Fire enjoy it my friend
but one thing though, its not a Gibson or a Les Paul

200w.gif

Well, this is what I’ve been spending most of my time playing lately

View attachment 6210

I’m with you on acoustics that aren’t too precious to bring out and play. I recently sold my Taylor for that very reason. I can appreciate expensive acoustics, but I’m happier with less expensive ones I don’t feel a need to baby.

Congrats on the Martin! It looks like a J45! I’ve never played one of these but I’m a big fan of slope shoulder dreadnoughts!
Wow - really awesome that you play those as well. Too cool. And yes - this martin gets called a J45 a lot. It’s my first slope shoulder, and I’m digging it. Plus - it’s very light and resonate. Different than my D28, which I’m glad for.

Is everyone here hard rockers or metal players? Or do we have any that enjoy some laid back flatpicking or fingerpicking?

Anyway - I just bought this Martin DSS-17 which comes with a whiskey sunset finish. (Which is cool and different, though I see why some people don’t like it at all, LOL. I think it’s cool, and goes well with my love of whiskey). It’s a slope shoulder dreadnought, and many call it a “Martin J45”. It’s light and super resonate and fun and easy to play. And loud when you want it to be - perfect for some group sing-alongs which we do.

The reason I got it is because I can’t make myself take my D-28 out to the pool or when camping/vacationing with family, etc. So I wanted something a little less precious to me, haha.

View attachment 6189View attachment 6190

Nice. Martin still makes some nice pickers. Love my recent acquisition

rs=w:1440,h:1440

Back