NGD- Kaizen

I’m sorry; that sucks. I can’t imagine that kind of pain and frustration. I’m fortunate that I can get by with part time jobs. Longer hours start taking a toll on my hands.

Seems like we keep working to pay for things that are supposed to ‘serve’ us. Very annoying.
It's not all sad, just sad facts of life.

I work my own piece of property, with my wife and my elderly mom ....so I have the luxury of working for us, and for a pretty good boss, who actually appreciates his employees!

It's just mostly the dumb years of youth, when we didn't know we were damaging ourselves, or were told to suck it up and walk it off.....

So I rub dirt on it and use ice and heat, along with a homemade salve that works wonders.

There are still tough days, but I just don't try to play those days....or work on finger picking.

Sadly mine stems from years of labor ...I manage it this time of year....play more in the fall and winter, after harvest....and during the snowy months....then spring breaks and my hands turn to stone again, and the painful sleepless nights come back ...it was that bad, but I'm getting better at managing it.
How come, or do you have plans to, you haven't gotten it dealt with?

I have mild carpal tunnel, and my first step is to wear braces at night..., the doc also said she can write me a prescription, and then there's surgery, which from what I understand, isn't a big deal, and it's very well-received.

Mine doesn't bother me much at all, as long as I've been active using my hands that day, so I haven't taken any steps toward relief just yet. I do get tingling on the weekends (when I don't work; I'm a carpenter), that sometimes will just not go away. But most days it doesn't affect me at all, and I can play for hours.

For a sale?
Yes. On Reverb it says 14 day; On their site it says 30.
.this is actually a big indicator of the obvious, there is stock building up
I've been saying this for going on a year now, telling people: "DO NOT pay full price. DO NOT finance gear! Pay cash, ask for at least 20 off, and if they won't go that low, f-'em. Wait 'em out."

How come, or do you have plans to, you haven't gotten it dealt with?

I have mild carpal tunnel, and my first step is to wear braces at night..., the doc also said she can write me a prescription, and then there's surgery, which from what I understand, isn't a big deal, and it's very well-received.

Mine doesn't bother me much at all, as long as I've been active using my hands that day, so I haven't taken any steps toward relief just yet. I do get tingling on the weekends (when I don't work; I'm a carpenter), that sometimes will just not go away. But most days it doesn't affect me at all, and I can play for hours.
I manage it now, but it's mostly while I'm playing, and in between the 2, tendinitis and carpal tunnel, my hand goes completely numb and I cannot maintain any accuracy and consistency.... seriously maddening.

I'll feel good....play through some stuff....then out of nowhere completely numb and I drop picks constantly. Sucks.

So bad .. I thought of using a banjo thumb pick for a minute.

Yes. On Reverb it says 14 day; On their site it says 30.

I've been saying this for going on a year now, telling people: "DO NOT pay full price. DO NOT finance gear! Pay cash, ask for at least 20 off, and if they won't go that low, f-'em. Wait 'em out."
This is awesome, and I completely agree.

I need a truck and tractor...so I cannot even think of any more gear ....but that would be a very nice addition to the herd.

What I'm mostly curious about is this "infinity radius."

I'm also looking forward to seeing:

how it sounds on the bridge PU, due to it being farther from the bridge as you move toward the lower strings,
how it feels playing fanned fret/multiscale fretboard, and that also affects the tone
How comfortable it is playing while seated (looks perfect)

Ouch, I'm sure that's gonna hurt. Vehicles are truly insane right now.
I make well researched vintage purchases that I can repair on my own, as to save money.

Also, I'm not too hip on paying others to do jobs I can do better, so I don't buy any new crap. I don't want to be a participant in a perpetual service contract.

So I'm looking at 10 large all in for both....but still not an easy hill to climb alone.

I am interested in all those features you speak of, keep us posted when you get enough grind time into it.

Been nice chatting, have a great weekend bud.

Happy So Excited GIF by ABC Network

Looks like a killer guitar. This is some confusing stuff though:

“"Infinity Radius" - Fretboard radius peaks along the treble-side edge of the fretboard and folds towards the player for unobstructed view of the entire fretboard in playing position.”

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

So Reverb strikes again!!

A little back story first:

At the time I tried to buy a MK V amp, I had never used Reverb. So I made an account, and made the purchase. And walked away from the computer.

A couple days later I had several emails from them:

First: You have to confirm "something", or we can't complete this sale, because you've never used Reverb before.
2nd: We're cancelling your order because you didn't respond w/i 24 hours.
3rd: We're putting your account on hold, or "something", because we think you're not real, or something like that.

At which I say, F-IT! I'm never using Reverb anyway. (And I really don't need a MK V; I just got caught up in the "too-great-of-a-deal-to-miss" BS.)

BUT, this sale for the Kaizen was only advertised on Reverb. No prob. My boss, who is is also a good friend, and a gear-head, let's me use his acc't to make the sale.

So we use my card, and type in my address for shipping.

Now WHY TF WOULD THEY HAVE THIS OPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE, if they were going to respond with THIS EMAIL?!:

"Please send 2 photos, front and back of your ID, the buyer's ID, and 1 photo of the buyer's CC, so we can verify the sale is real?"

WTF?

FUCK this shit!! My buddy wouldn't go for it, and I don't blame him.
So I called the vendor direct, and they'll just sell me the guitar themselves. Savings them the reverb fees in the process, I might add.

This internet security shit..., I mean, I get it, but it's gone too far. It's like, because a few people in this world have scammed others too many times, if a sale doesn't fit neatly into their algorithms, it gets flagged, and then, here's the fun part:

WE, the customer, have to send them a bunch of ADDITIONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, that could then be compromised at a later date somehow, putting us at risk for identity theft!

Where does it fucking end??

Fuck!! I long for the days when you could simply call the store, and give them your cc # over the phone! (I couldn't even do that when I bought my JP15 direct from EBMM- had to do it through the website.)

And it's all because of the thieves out there!

So Reverb strikes again!!

A little back story first:

At the time I tried to buy a MK V amp, I had never used Reverb. So I made an account, and made the purchase. And walked away from the computer.

A couple days later I had several emails from them:

First: You have to confirm "something", or we can't complete this sale, because you've never used Reverb before.
2nd: We're cancelling your order because you didn't respond w/i 24 hours.
3rd: We're putting your account on hold, or "something", because we think you're not real, or something like that.

At which I say, F-IT! I'm never using Reverb anyway. (And I really don't need a MK V; I just got caught up in the "too-great-of-a-deal-to-miss" BS.)

BUT, this sale for the Kaizen was only advertised on Reverb. No prob. My boss, who is is also a good friend, and a gear-head, let's me use his acc't to make the sale.

So we use my card, and type in my address for shipping.

Now WHY TF WOULD THEY HAVE THIS OPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE, if they were going to respond with THIS EMAIL?!:

"Please send 2 photos, front and back of your ID, the buyer's ID, and 1 photo of the buyer's CC, so we can verify the sale is real?"

WTF?

FUCK this shit!! My buddy wouldn't go for it, and I don't blame him.
So I called the vendor direct, and they'll just sell me the guitar themselves. Savings them the reverb fees in the process, I might add.

This internet security shit..., I mean, I get it, but it's gone too far. It's like, because a few people in this world have scammed others too many times, if a sale doesn't fit neatly into their algorithms, it gets flagged, and then, here's the fun part:

WE, the customer, have to send them a bunch of ADDITIONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, that could the be compromised at a later date somehow, putting us at risk for identity theft!

Where does it fucking end??

Fuck!! I long for the days when you could simply call the store, and give them your cc # over the phone! (I couldn't even do that when I bought my JP15 direct from EBMM- had to do it through the website.)

And it's all because of the thieves out there!
Dude, for real.....Same with eBay too ...tried sooooo many times to set up a new account and every time they block and hold my account...and then you cannot reach anyone to clear anything up! So Stoopid.

At least you still get the guitar!!!!

:verynice

Back