NGD: Ibanez S6521Q - Or, the righting of a wrong

Warmart

Roadie
Just arrived late today! Heh! She's a beauty, and I'm about to rip these strings off now, so this'll be quick.

I had a similar Prestige S I bought in 2012/13 but hated the V7/V8 pu's (didn't have the soldering gear I have now) wasn't really crazy about the gold hw and really didn't love the brown quilt all that much after the honeymoon wore off. So I traded it a couple years ago for a 7-string that I then traded in a few months. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Needless to say, I missed the playability and how thin and light it was!

These are hard to find, much less of these are made as compared to RG's and AZ's, etc. And when you do find them they often have a so-so top OR someone snatches it up fast. Part of the reason I was going skitzo on Sunday after finding this one available late Saturday night. Just made in Dec. and arrived at the dealer Saturday. Has Tone Zone and Air Norton, and so far, I'm liking them! Definitely happy to have a fixed bridge for once!

Here's a picture with the overhead lights straight down, to really show the top.
Ibanez S6521Q Front.jpg

One on the wall with basically no light on it
Ibanez S6521Q Front 2.jpg

One to show how thin this puppy is
Ibanez S6521Q Side Thinness.jpg

A rather dry fretboard and non-ss frets (surprisingly) that may need a teenie bit o' polishing (but are very well dressed)
Ibanez S6521Q Fretboard.jpg

And the back side
Ibanez S6521Q Back.jpg

Ohhh my what a beauty congrats Dave
My neck also needs some oil treatment it looks just as parched, and yes the frets are amazing
I'm sure your going to love it

:chef

Really is a beautiful Finish Dave, love it , my gripe is the Ibby i chose is Black gloss lots of maintenance
as i always say always something, but OTOH im really happy that its functional

Really is a beautiful Finish Dave, love it , my gripe is the Ibby i chose is Black gloss lots of maintenance
as i always say always something, but OTOH im really happy that its functional
The black is classy yet sexy Stone, you did good! :love

Thank you everyone:beer, I'm in love with this one! Can get the action to 2/64" across the board, with extremely minimal relief - and get no open string buzz! BUT, I had to raise it to 3/64" as chords would buzz slightly. 2/64" is st00p1d low, anyway.

I really missed my old S but this one is a better fit for me, no doubt. First round of fretboard conditioning improved it, too.

The thinness/lightnessness amazes me every time I grab it. (y)

Oh forgot, hard to see in the pics, but the neck and body binding is a pea green color, never seen that before.

Kinda kewl that if I sneezed or something and some got on the binding, you wouldn't notice it? :unsure: :puppet:sick:

Oh forgot, hard to see in the pics, but the neck and body binding is a pea green color, never seen that before.

Kinda kewl that if I sneezed or something and some got on the binding, you wouldn't notice it? :unsure: :puppet:sick:
"Hey is that translucent white binding?"

:sofa:crazy

Back