NGD: EBMM Red Luke 4 SSS - and my 3 balls

Warmart

Roadie
Warned you gas was building, after over 4 months with none thanks to the Majesty. But, I love guitars so wth! Traded my PRS SE Hollowbody Standard as I never play it, so 1 out, 1 in.

Not had much time with it yet, about 30 minutes of playtime after giving it a setup - as is normal for GC the trem was sitting like \ from the body :facepalm, but, EBMM (unlike some other unnamed bastard brands) gives you the screwdriver slots in the trem rear cover, so it was easy to set. Had about a 50 cent piece worth of relief, too, but you gotta love the wheels. Love love love not having to remove the trussrod cover. My Indo Jackson (that I love) is ultra-weather sensitive and it sure would be nice to have a wheel on it! :unsure:

As expected, these aren't your normal single coils, they have some pretty heavy output. Very pleased with them! Probably use the vol-push boost more with this one (compared to my Majesty or Saber) but that's a good thing. Bridge pu sounds like a humbucker to me, but the middle stands out with lotsa honk (as does position 2 and 4). The neck could almost pass itself off as a humbucker but has more single-coilish tones to me. These are supposedly noiseless, and I didn't hear any hum with moderate (or so) gain, on any of the 5 positions.

This is only my 2nd ever SSS guitar, other was a strat I should've took back the next day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Guitar plays super nice, fretwork is clean and perfect, no surprise there - neck is supposedly a V but I'd call it a C with a fair bit o' chunk. Very comfy EBMM bare nekkid' finish. Sparkly red is magical - it's consistent, unlike the larger glitter thrown in on my white Saber. My initial setup with the barest of relief is 3/64" @ 12th fret across the board.

All these pics are at night with normal room lighting, not very bright - so guitar is darker than during the day, but y'all know how that works.

20240127_200947.jpg

20240127_201004.jpg

20240127_201212.jpg
20240127_201123.jpg
20240127_201233.jpg

And for those that don't want to see my 3 balls, leave now :barf

20240127_204205_halved.jpg

Thank you everyone :love - this guitar is getting lots of playtime and love, and my neighbor said it may just be his favorite out of all of mine. It is filled with mojo. Does it play as easy as the Majesty, NO! But it has something about it that makes some things really easy - can't put my finger on it :grin.

Hehe, after last year y'all were prolly sick to death of NGD postings by me.

Still have a plan, prolly trade/sell my Agile LP copy and then re-evaluate. Chance the Edwards may go - and I'll just keep one singlecut - the PRS 594. Hard for me to go back to the neck joint on an LP, I'm just a superstrat dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back