NGD 2019 Fender Strat Ultra Mocha Burst

Mongillo19

Rock Star
Picked up this beautiful guitar today. Traditionally comes with white pickguard and I thought for sure I'd switch it back but I actually like the black.

Obligatory "pictures don't do it justice". The switch to add in the neck pickup is a really neat feature. I think I need to jump on board to the volume pot being way too close to the strings. I almost always bump it. Anyway, super happy with this guitar!

Attachments

• PXL_20221121_064635961.jpg
    PXL_20221121_064635961.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20221121_064623120.jpg
    PXL_20221121_064623120.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 41
Wow, when I read Mocha Burst I didn’t expect to see that, that’s f*cking AWESOME! It almost looks like an aged LP Silverburst with how they yellow over time. Really digging that color!

The volume knob thing can be a pain in the ass but if you keep playing it, you’ll either quickly adapt to checking the volume knob unconsciously or you’ll figure out where to place your fingers so it won’t hit it. About 15 years ago my ex and I were watching some footage of a gig I had just played and she asked me “Why are you always touching that knob?” (huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh) and I didn’t even realize I was doing it; I wasn’t even playing a Strat at that point but since I started with a Strat, it had just become a muscle memory kind of thing where I was used to checking the knob.

I still bang into it sometimes, especially if I’m playing something a bit more aggressive, but my pinky just does it’s own thing and reaches down to ensure it‘s rolled up.

Wow, when I read Mocha Burst I didn’t expect to see that, that’s f*cking AWESOME! It almost looks like an aged LP Silverburst with how they yellow over time. Really digging that color!

Yeah when the guy messaged me about it I thought for sure I would decline but I really liked the look of it!

The big issue with the volume knob is that to activate the added neck pickup you press on the center portion of said knob. Almost always move it when I do lol would have made more sense to put it on the tone knob maybe?

Back