NGD: * MINT * 2006 Fender 60th Anniversary Highway One Telecaster

gearJunkie

Shredder
This guitar is absolutely mint condition, beautiful :chef

1000000807.jpg

Pulling that stupid bridge cover was the first thing I did. It's impossible to palm mute with one of those things installed.

I quickly realized why this guitar had that cover and was never played. The šŸ¤¬ saddle screws on this thing are so much longer than those on any of my other instruments with vintage style bridges. ouch!

1000000887.jpg

Played it for around 20 minutes and even though it was sent with new strings (9's) and a proper setup, I decided I needed to make a few changes.

Next on the agenda is to restring with 10's after replacing the painfully long-screwed vintage saddles with some less painful compensated brass saddles. I can't forget the Dunlop straplock buttons.

1000000893.jpg

Arrrrrgggghhh! Looks like I need to get out my nut slotting files and make some tiny (but necessary) adjustments.

Time to put this on the back burner so I'm not rushed. This will have to wait until after work, then it's Tele-time.

I have to give the seller, Kris, a shout-out for including an empty string package to communicate the guitar's setup.

So simple, but such a good idea.

Get the Gotoh ā€œin tuneā€ saddles they are massively better than those. Tone and intonation is noticeably better.
Yes, I agree 100%. I ordered them last night from StewMac.
1000000894.png

I had the others in my spare parts collection, so I'll put them on for now since they have much shorter height adjustment screws than the ones presently installed.

Thank you for confirming I made the correct choice by ordering the Gotoh saddles. :beer

Only marginally better than a Sire. If at all. Quite possibly even worse. Pretty old too.
Who ever told you to get this over Sire, don't listen to that person again.

Shit yeah, thatā€™s a fine looking Tele!

What was the deal with HWY 1ā€™s, like US parts but assembled south of the border or something?

Back