NGD—Ibanez

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Haha - yeah, that’s one thing that intrigued me. I’ve never tried a Sustaniac. I’d probably be playing Stranglehold way too much! LMAO.

I haven’t played with one yet either, but I’m DYING to. I love all the sustainer-y stuff, the E-bow and Freqout pedals, the Sustainer/Sustainiac basically combines both of those together, I just don’t want to route any of my current guitars to fit one and I’d only want it in a guitar with a Floyd.

Hoping Solar puts them in some other guitars aside from the two models they currently are, just because I don’t dig the available colors of the guitars.

Just found this pic while looking for another one, this was at Carter’s in Nashville, where they had this sitting on a regular rack with all the rest of the guitars for anyone to pick up. I think it was a JS10th and not the PR2somethingsomething they put out after. Definitely a guitar that looks cooler in person when you can see all the curves and not a 2D version of it.

I haven’t played a JS since this, from what I remember I wasn’t digging the necks, but I’d be curious to try one again after expanding my mind a bit in regards to necks in general.

7504F6FC-DE6B-4F6B-8D74-A483F4DF9155.jpeg

Just found this pic while looking for another one, this was at Carter’s in Nashville, where they had this sitting on a regular rack with all the rest of the guitars for anyone to pick up. I think it was a JS10th and not the PR2somethingsomething they put out after. Definitely a guitar that looks cooler in person when you can see all the curves and not a 2D version of it.

I haven’t played a JS since this, from what I remember I wasn’t digging the necks, but I’d be curious to try one again after expanding my mind a bit in regards to necks in general.

View attachment 2999
I can see that. The neck on my JS1000 is not your typical shred neck and may not be my favorite (horses for courses), but the guitar is freaking awesome (body contours are :guiness). As I’ve gotten older I tend to just prefer 12”+ fretboard radius, 43mm nut width, Gibson Slim Taper neck-like thinner profiles. (So… Charvels).

But JS play and feel… :love

So, I can play all the slow bits to JS “Ten Words” …

Shame Facepalm GIF

The first time I ever played onstage and not in an ensemble group I was doing the rhythm part to “Always With Me, Always With You” and it’s crazy that almost 30 years later I can still remember how to play that. Since then, I love watching Live In San Fran after a little smoke sesh and by the time I get to “Circles” I’m grabbing my guitar expecting myself to learn it, I learn the first few chord changes and then quit. I’ve done that probably 15x since that DVD came out.

Back