New wah day

spawnofthesith

Shredder
Replaced my falling apart 535q with a 105q today. It’s technically a bass wah but it sounds great. First off I -love- the switch less thing. I will never go back to a switched wah. Even tho I have in my mind the wah being on as a first thing to check for fucked up sound I still can’t say the number of times that’s still been an issue :lol: I like the feel of the action with the return spring way better too.

Sound wise it’s definitely a bit different, overall a more modern laser beam throaty sound. The range of the sweep is significantly wider than any other wah I’ve had. Traditional sounds are more tightly located closer to the toe. Not as much classic psychedelia as classic wahs but very trippy in its own right. And finally I like the white

My Spaxw echo was also out for delivery today, but I stepped out for literally 5 minutes to grab a tall boy from the bodega just now and apparently signature was required :cry: :cry: :cry: picking thet up Monday but I’m extremely disappointed about that. Been eagerly waiting all day

6-DF8639-C-9-B13-449-A-A188-4-FB1861-F5240.jpg

Nice! I got a real wah back on my board finally. I missed it. First practice and gig with it probably came off like I had a baked in filter sweep on my guitar's mixer channe. I might have overused it a bit :bag:rofl

I'm not sure I knew Dunlop had switchless options? Switchless is best. Looks we share the same velcro vendor :rofl

Nice! I got a real wah back on my board finally. I missed it. First practice and gig with it probably came off like I had a baked in filter sweep on my guitar's mixer channe. I might have overused it a bit :bag:rofl

I'm not sure I knew Dunlop had switchless options? Switchless is best. Looks we share the same velcro vendor :rofl

Our last show was a fairly low pressure brewery gig, so of course we opted to do an improv driven one song 50 minute set. I couldn’t hear myself too well and in the thick of things with a bunch of loops going I was just switching back and forth trying to figure out if the 535 was on or not :roflnever again

I think al they offer switchless wise is this one and the 95q designed for guitar. I considered ordering the 95 but infoind this thing for cheap at a pawn shop and am digging it for sure

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Our last show was a fairly low pressure brewery gig, so of course we opted to do an improv driven one song 50 minute set. I couldn’t hear myself too well and in the thick of things with a bunch of loops going I was just switching back and forth trying to figure out if the 535 was on or not :roflnever again

I think al they offer switchless wise is this one and the 95q designed for guitar. I considered ordering the 95 but infoind this thing for cheap at a pawn shop and am digging it for sure
I am discovering all sorts of pedal rabbit holes at the moment. I am having fond memories of my old Vox and the Clyde wahs I had back. It's for the best I just stick with the Morley line. I picked up a dirt box at my local shop this afternoon and they have that old GROSS looking Ibanez Weeping Demon wah there in the used section. It looks hideous but that thing sounded killer too. If he would have taken $50 for it; I probably wouldnt have been able to resist

:brick

I have had two or three 535q’s. They all ended up being too noisy. I have a Clyde deluxe now.

I thought about getting a switchless q model or even a bad horsie, but I dig the wahs I have now. Rocking a Friedman and the JP wah.

Back