New MX5 firmware doubles scenes! Gamechanger I tell ya. Game changer

Am I the only one that had to google what an MX-5 is? Upon doing it my response was “oh, those guys are still around?”

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

D

Well if it's so antiquated why is it Line 6 or a litany of others can't nail a JCM800 like Headrush can? The MX5 is worth it just for that amp model it's that good. As good as any I have used in my FM3. JCM800 series is arguably the most popular amp in rock and metal history.

Last edited:
I'm cool with Headrush. The tones are pretty decent, UI is good, and relatively inexpensive. Gapless switching is impressive. Limitations were on the effects, routing, and high gain amps. Didn't see them keeping pace with the competition so didn't stick with it.

I'm cool with Headrush. The tones are pretty decent, UI is good, and relatively inexpensive. Gapless switching is impressive. Limitations were on the effects, routing, and high gain amps. Didn't see them keeping pace with the competition so didn't stick with it.
Yeah the reverbs leave a lot to be desired. Delays are barely ok which is fine with me because I dont use delay very much and when I do it's is barely audible. The more I use the modulations the more I am really digging them.

Well if it's so antiquated why is it Line 6 or a litany of others can't nail a JCM800 like Headrush can? The MX5 is worth it just for that amp model it's that good. As good as any I have used in my FM3. JCM800 series is arguably the most popular amp in rock and metal history.
I'm not trying to put down the Headrush line. I've actually always been curious about them - especially the lower cost variations. I'm just saying that "getting too excited" about modeling that's been available, in one format or another, for over a decade is... improbable?

It's great to hear they're still updating firmware, though! Wish I could say the same about NDSP.

il_570xN.2705694612_78qx.jpg

I'm not trying to put down the Headrush line. I've actually always been curious about them - especially the lower cost variations. I'm just saying that "getting too excited" about modeling that's been available, in one format or another, for over a decade is... improbable?

It's great to hear they're still updating firmware, though! Wish I could say the same about NDSP.

il_570xN.2705694612_78qx.jpg
Come on dude - they are WORKING ON IT!!

:banana

high gain amps

Man it'd be nice. I mean the Mark IIc+ can get there with the JRC-OD but thats if you want Mesa high gain. I do like the high gain patch I created that way but it's really all you got because the ENGL Powerball amps in there outright suck.

Man it'd be nice. I mean the Mark IIc+ can get there with the JRC-OD but thats if you want Mesa high gain. I do like the high gain patch I created that way but it's really all you got because the ENGL Powerball amps in there outright suck.

I'm a Friedman or modded Marshall guy so there wasn't much past the SLO-100. That was alright but didn't quite do it for me. And the higher gain stuff was a bit fizzy.

I'm not familiar with this, so I looked it up on SW. But tell me, why would someone buy a used one (at SW) with a "slightly loose screen...shows signs of wear" for $399.20 when a new one is $385.00? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other guitar player in the Whitesnake tribute I'm playing with this weekend is running a HR and it's sounding great. I really should check out the MX5, seems like a lot of fun for the size/price.

How do you guys dial out the nasal, fake sound of the entire HR line? I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. Harsh and no sustain.

These were the stupid deal of the day or whatever, and heavily discounted on the interwebs.

Were they just trying to move stock, or is there something new coming?

These were the stupid deal of the day or whatever, and heavily discounted on the interwebs.

Were they just trying to move stock, or is there something new coming?
Something in-between with scribble strips, expression pedal and XLR out would be nice. Not as huge as the big one though.

Back