" New IR Tech that sounds like an Amp " ...... what's the thinking on this ?

Devolved into Orwellian doublespeak is more like it.

That’s where we’re at.

Now, who’s gonna give me crap for ending a sentence with a preposition?

Wit ealle usen þæt oregandlice Ænȝlisc sprografies.
Means "We should use the original English grammar rules," in Old English. The grammar in that sentence is probably incorrect, though. Old English was closer to German as far as word order, etc.
So you acknowledge that it is presently incorrect and speculate that it will change. Time will tell....
It is presently incorrect according to certain styles, yes.

Yes.

Here's the statement you responded to:

"1. Much of the effect of the interaction is on the nonlinear part of the amp's behavior."

All the "nonlinear activity" of any perceptual consequence occurs upstream of the cab, i.e., in the amp, drive, compressor, etc. There is no need to model "nonlinear activity" in the cab sim, because the speaker(s) makes a negligible contribution to that. I demonstrated that fact years ago in a recorded comparison of a physical cab to an IR of the same cab (IR Demos: Convolver Content).
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Let’s discuss the Oxford comma next … so riveting to be back in seventh grade English again
Let's:
1695312223030.png

While that may have become common practice, it remains incorrect. From Misuse of the Apostrophe:

"The basic rule is quite simple: use the apostrophe to indicate possession, not a plural."
My grandmother (a professional working woman who typed official documents and transcribed messages for the Union Pacific Railroad) taught this one to me at an early age. She had a stickler of a boss who would make them retype the entire document if they made a mistake like this.

Just stumbled over this thread. Took me as long as to the point where they're mentioning that you could load their XR IRs into each and every bog standard IR loader - but their thing would still not be an IR but something special.
What an incredible load of bullshit. No need to watch a single further nanosecond of that video.

Back