New Fat Jimmy reproduction Greenbacks

jellodog

Rock Star
You may know that I love my American-voiced Fat Jimmy C1025 in my PRRI. I also own his C1270.

I just noticed that Mike at Fat Jimmy has got a new repro Greenback offering:

C1225GB: This is a surprisingly accurate reproduction of the famous 'Greenback' British speakers of the late 60's and early 70s. Low powered, large magnet 12" speaker with paper voice coil.

C1265GB: A higher powered version of the above 'Greenback'. This goes head to head with the current 'Creamback' and wins hands down!! Identical construction to the above 25w version with the exception of the kapton voice coil giving it higher power handling capabilities. With a 3D sound that surpasses the current production model by the 'original' British manufacturer!

Based on his other offerings, I'm betting these sound great!

FJ-greenback-cropped.jpg

Mike's other speakers are made by WGS to his own specifications. I'm assuming that he'd be taking a similar approach with these.

Last edited:
Last time I had an email exhange with Mike he was _very_ responsive. So it's worth shooting him an email if you ever have any questions about these.

Last edited:
MUSTNOTFINDANOTHERRABBITHOLE

'K. So that would be the Green Beret (25w), and Invader 50?

Regardless, both Jupiter and Fat Jimmy have good ears and have built their own takes on top of solid WGS foundations.

Everybody wins! :banana

Last edited:
Back