NDSP Archetype Vai Plugin is coming ...... Steve said so :)

Joe hit the nail on the head, no one knows what they are playing or how its setup, but hes right what is it that inspires us ?
I think thats one of the most important aspects, is what inspires us and what do we love and are enjoying

Am I the only one that doesn’t like Vai’s tone apparently? He’s probably my favorite guitarist still, but never gelled with this tone.

(Compare the tones from “Whitesnake” (1987) vs “Slip of the Tongue”… that’s when I switched to LPs)

:sofa

EDIT: Really nice phrasing @DrewJD82 !!

Am I the only one that doesn’t like Vai’s tone apparently? He’s probably my favorite guitarist still, but never gelled with this tone.

(Compare the tones from “Whitesnake” (1987) vs “Slip of the Tongue”… that’s when I switched to LPs)

:sofa

EDIT: Really nice phrasing @DrewJD82 !!

There’s eras of his tone I don’t dig at all and actually, it was when he started using the Legacy. From ‘99-around 2013 or so, I wasn’t digging his tones. When he went really crazy with the Sutainer I liked it even less, it had this weird zippery sound.

Vai’s best era, for me, is ‘90-‘97, the Marshall/Bogner/Egnater days. Alien Love Secrets is pinnacle Vai tone.

There’s eras of his tone I don’t dig at all and actually, it was when he started using the Legacy. From ‘99-around 2013 or so, I wasn’t digging his tones. When he went really crazy with the Sutainer I liked it even less, it had this weird zippery sound.

Vai’s best era, for me, is ‘90-‘97, the Marshall/Bogner/Egnater days. Alien Love Secrets is pinnacle Vai tone.

Bogner Vai is peak Vai for me. My favorite tone of his was in the original G3 Live album. My second favorite was in Crossroads :grin

Not that I don't like his tone, or that there's anything wrong with it, but if you asked me to name 10 guitarists with iconic tone, Vai probably wouldn't cross my mind.
Totally agree!

Bogner Vai is peak Vai for me. My favorite tone of his was in the original G3 Live album. My second favorite was in Crossroads :grin

Totally agree!

Though I prefer the ALS tones, the G3 tone is the tone I think when I think “Vai”. Not sure why that is, but it is!

Back