NAM: Neural Amp Modeler

Do you have the same settings and ASIO configured for NAM? Same buffer size and at 48khz? And also make sure to use input 1 if you can. Can you screenshot the nam audio preferences?
Thanks for the help! I got the latency issues sorted with the settings and will be working on getting it dialed in to sound better. Thanks again!!

An A/B clip between real amp and NAM.
Hi Orvillain !

Thanks for posting the demo.

Flicking back and forth - to my ears - clip one has less low-mids and low end "thud" and a brighter/harsher high end.

Both are fine - it would honestly be a guess for me to pick which was the Amp and which was the NAM Capture :)

B.T.W - whenever I hear a 3 way demo between Real Amp, Tonex and NAM ..... this "lack of low thud and brighter high end" always seems to be there in the NAM Captures ? ..... but even allowing for that, I've no idea which is which in your test.

Live or in a mix ....... fuuuuggettaabout it :)

All the best,
Ben

Hi Orvillain !

Thanks for posting the demo.

Flicking back and forth - to my ears - clip one has less low-mids and low end "thud" and a brighter/harsher high end.

Both are fine - it would honestly be a guess for me to pick which was the Amp and which was the NAM Capture :)

B.T.W - whenever I hear a 3 way demo between Real Amp, Tonex and NAM ..... this "lack of low thud and brighter high end" always seems to be there in the NAM Captures ? ..... but even allowing for that, I've no idea which is which in your test.

Live or in a mix ....... fuuuuggettaabout it :)

All the best,
Ben
My experience is the exact opposite of yours. There is an abundance of low thud, depending on the amp, the same goes for the high end, it can be bright, but it's never harsh. NAM is as good as it gets.

My experience is the exact opposite of yours. There is an abundance of low thud, depending on the amp, the same goes for the high end, it can be bright, but it's never harsh. NAM is as good as it gets.

I get you're happy / excited / love NAM - and *maybe* (?) to you ... Tonex is sh%t ;) ...... what ever floats your boat is all good - but maybe tone down the "NAM is as good as it gets" hyperbole - this [thankfully] isn't TGP.

Ben

Last edited:
@BenIfin with all due respect, you don't get to tell me what to think about a specific product. It's not how forums work. I do like Tonex very much for lower gain tones. Honestly, your Tonex vs NAM debate, both here, and on other forums, is moot in my opinion. It makes no sense to me. They are not mutually exclusive.

I get you're happy / excited / love NAM - and *maybe* (?) to you ... Tonex is sh%t ;) ...... what ever floats your boat is all good - but maybe tone down the "NAM is as good as it gets" hyperbole - this [thankfully] isn't TGP.

Ben

the-office-michael-scott.gif

@BenIfin with all due respect, you don't get to tell me what to think about a specific product. It's not how forums work. I do like Tonex very much for lower gain tones. Honestly, your Tonex vs NAM debate, both here, and on other forums, is moot in my opinion. It makes no sense to me. They are not mutually exclusive.

Hey, relax, you're 4 posts in and posting "absolutist" statements ;)

There was nothing in my post "telling you what to think" - I was simply trying to make a suggestion that I think is obvious - this is a text based forum - so what you write and how you write it is all we have and know about each other - nothing more and nothing less - and over time, you/me/anyone can only build up credibility via our posts / information / knowledge shared etc.

So in that spirit .... :)

I'm pleased you like Tonex's clean and lower gain tones - because as we all know, it is clear and factually and objectively true that "Tonex cant do high gain" ;)

And extra special thanks for reading my posts in other forums even though they make no sense to you ;)

On a serious note - welcome to TGF - but please just keep in mind that what fly's over in, say, TGP - the only other place I post - doesn't go down quite so well here.

Ben

Hey @BenIfin , I know you mean well and tend to be very diplomatic in your posts. With all respect, I think you somewhat misinterpreted @StratsoundFan 's tone, and honestly your reply comes across as a bit harsh. We're all just casually expressing our opinions here. Somebody saying a statement like "NAM is as good as it gets" is often just an abbreviated way of saying "To me, NAM is as good as it gets." He wasn't contradicting your opinion--just expressing his own, and I don't think there was any need to tell him how to do so.

I mean this only kindly because I'd hope that if I did something similar (and I know for sure I have!), I'd appreciate it if somebody politely let me know as a friend, too.

Back