NAD: Mystery Science Theater 3000 Edition (Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic)

Dave would know better (he knows, all the gear...), but yeah. I seem to remember reading about it when it was released, that it was a "British-voiced" Mesa.
It really reminded me of my old GH100L....like ridiculous close. Very nice amp.

Seriously, so sorry.

Last edited:
Initial impressions are cool. Not as dark as the Electra Dyne. Not as bright as the Stiletto. :idk

Pretty much right in the middle of those with its base tone. Obviously, going off memory here,
which could be a bit sketchy at this point in the evening. :LOL:

Wish I had something other than the V30s in the Trem-O-Verb to run it through right now. :bonk

Last edited:
But does it inspire? I sure hope it does ...thats why I got all excited earlier. I was excited for you!!

Maybe too much ...but I just knew what it was ...and I ruined the fun.....oops.

It is on brand....I have been known to clear a room .... :poop: 💩

Sometimes I wonder if Life is made up of a million guesses, all unfolding in some
chaotic sequence that makes it seem like we are something other than creatures of
happenstance and personal projection.

Huh? :idk Wut? Am I high? :crazy

Nope. Not high. Just experiencing NAD post-coital bliss. :LOL:

Since we all seem to dig the guessing game (unlike Polls! :horse ) I thought it
would be cool to post a minimal reveal, and see if anyone can guess what the NAD is.

Ready, set, NO! :rofl

View attachment 26292

Yes, I am probably giving it away. It's Friday. This week has already been too damn cruel. Making this easy! :beer
I totally get it.

:rofl When I read @la szum saying you were right, I was like, “wut!?” is that someone I put on “ignore” and forgot? Was quite confused for a minute.
Yeah I guessed it right away. Then I made a couple more posts out of excitement....and felt like a douche for ruining a fun time ....just know, I knew it immediately because I worshipped that amp for a few years....and came close to getting one once ... But alas I retconned myself.

My wife cringed when I relayed the story to her....so I know I did a booboo.

Last edited:
Was that pre-ED or post-ED, TS? I do recall you mentioning that you had
an RA at one time on the Forum here.

Let me just clarify that you’re referring to the Electra Dyne and not “E.D.” of another sort. :grin

It was pre-Dyne, and part of the path that let me to the Dyne, eventually. I think maybe it was RA100 2x12 > Stiletto Deuce head > Electra Dyne head. (I also briefly owned the smaller Dyne 1x12 combo but didn’t like it, before all that.)

If I recall correctly, the Royal Atlantic manual say the high gain channel has the most gain of any of their amps, to that point?

What do you think of the power scaling feature? I ended up just using the master volume knob and found the scaling to be kind of a novelty.

I will say, however, that the RA100 was among the first Mesas I’d ever owned and I was a total noob at dialing them in, at that point.

Have fun with that badass beast! :love

Back