NAD: Mark Madness

Took this to band practice tonight. Supreme champion confirmed

Also, I have redeemed myself from the mismatch because I am stupid and thought I was buying a thiele

Perfect fit and sounds amaIbg

417C2A2A-AC40-432D-9F6F-8EA418A0F6D1.jpeg

I love my Mark III but I’d be totally interested in a V or even VII. The broad range of amazing tones you can get out of these is tough to ignore.

The III is amazing, I miss my red stripe a lot. If IIIs lost prices ever came back down to reasonable prices I would jump on one in a heart beat

At this point I feel like I just need to collect all the Marks like infinity stones :LOL:

The III is amazing, I miss my red stripe a lot. If IIIs lost prices ever came back down to reasonable prices I would jump on one in a heart beat

At this point I feel like I just need to collect all the Marks like infinity stones :LOL:
Marks are like wine, but for us idiots. :rofl

Initially all the revisions and versions sound the same. As you spend more time, you pick up the differences. Then you start chasing ghosts.

They sound so good in a band setting it’s hard to describe. Dammit. I think I just talked myself into bringing the III to rehearsal.

Marks are like wine, but for us idiots. :rofl

Initially all the revisions and versions sound the same. As you spend more time, you pick up the differences. Then you start chasing ghosts.

They sound so good in a band setting it’s hard to describe. Dammit. I think I just talked myself into bringing the III to rehearsal.

Twin Peaks Hand Rub GIF by HULU

I know I’ve made numerous comments claiming that I’m not converting my mark Iv into headshell anytime soon if at all but I’m walking those back like a politician. Just started commissioning a shell with a local cab builder today. Also going ahead and taking it to a tech to have the OT tap changed to US voltage. I’ve been curious if that impacts the tone at all vs using the step up transformer

Then the plan is to leave one Mark at my drummers and have the other with me at all times :satan

I switch stuff out a lot but usually leave my Engl there. But deep down Marks are THE tone for me so having more than one is sick

Some small yoga blocks or similar on either side of the handle should do ;)

I went to the hardware store and got a four pack of rubber leg spacers for $5 or so. That lets me put my Axe 3 on top of my 1x12 with a handle.

Yup.
If I remember right the V:25 was the only one that folks liked off the bat.

Probably cause it's so damn cute and sounds like a BEAST.

View attachment 23164

I almost traded a Kemper for one of those a couple years back. They look like really fun amps! Shockingly small in person.

Back