NAD: Buh Bye QC Hello….

Bogner sent me a part for a Shiva, and with directions how to install it, and did it free of charge. Wasn't even under warranty
anymore either. Love me some Bogner. :banana
what was the problem with your Shiva? I have one that is collecting dust, has an issue...

It's probably somehow technically inferior on paper but when using the pitch shifter as a downtuner for Brutalz (which is about 50% of what I would use one for... the other primary application being that EVH detune thing); I prefer the QC's shifter to FAS, Helix, etc.

I am not making any claims re accuracy but whatever it is that is 'off' about the QC's shifter as a downtuner, I find it to be more agreeable qualitatively than the competition. I have d*cked around with the FAS one the most... Like trying to control it w/ envelope, etc.

That said, I generally would not use a pitch shifter to drop more than two steps and generally avoid it anyway unless retuning is not an option. After that it is just the EVH thing which most of them do well enough for me.

+1

I actually quite liked detuning a full step with the QC for riffy stuff. I have no clue what it does for clean/crunch but it sounds pretty good under gain.

Forget the Qc, I want to hear more about that hdrx20…. How are you using it? Clean plus pedals, crunch plus pedals and volume knob cleanup, or cranking it? Getting along ok without an effects loop?

I’m thinking I’ll probably add an amp back to the mix soon, the hdrx and a couple of Friedman options are the leading contenders I think.

D

Forget the Qc, I want to hear more about that hdrx20…. How are you using it? Clean plus pedals, crunch plus pedals and volume knob cleanup, or cranking it? Getting along ok without an effects loop?

I’m thinking I’ll probably add an amp back to the mix soon, the hdrx and a couple of Friedman options are the leading contenders I think.

D

I’m curious about that as well. In the band I’m joining I’ll need ultra-clean to heavy distortion and I’m already thinking about how I’m going to do that with the amp. And then once I figure it out and do it a few times, I’ll probably just go back to my FM9. :rofl

I’m curious about that as well. In the band I’m joining I’ll need ultra-clean to heavy distortion and I’m already thinking about how I’m going to do that with the amp. And then once I figure it out and do it a few times, I’ll probably just go back to my FM9. :rofl

Depending on what you mean by “heavy distortion” a plexi style amp may not be what you need unless you can push it there with a pedal.

D

D
I use it mainly set at edge of breakup where it does break up with a hotter pickup or hitting the strings harder. That’s with the settings you can see in the pic. For the gig where I have to play no stage volume I run it with a Helix 4cm with the HDRX loaded down with a Suhr RL in a Heix loop. I use the Timmy and Klon model pedals and few modulation effects in front of the amp and all time effects post and the new IR cabs in the Helix which I think are rather good. What I like about the amp over the models in the Helix is the way it feels and reacts to my playing style. It gets nice and glassy with a roll back from the volume on my guitar and then gains up nice with hotter signals. Yes some of the Helix models do that but I’m sorry it’s just not the same, real amps have this warmth and feel in the mids. Anyway the amp can be a bit loose in the bottom but the mid boost on the amp tightens that up if you like but I leave it off. For my silent gig I’m not doing super tight palm mutes and if I did I’d use my SLO 30. That said though… with drive pedals the HDRX tightens up real nice.

These are the 2 tones I use with my band on all my amps. It's quite easy no need for modellers :cop

Wasn't that last studio recording with an Axe III? :unsure: :cop:whistle :grin

Walter White I Give Up GIF by Breaking Bad

The cleans were yes :ROFLMAO:

Back