NAD: 2018 KSR Ares 50

Achilles

Rock Star
There's only one thing to do once you get your speaker cab all dialed in - get a new head. (y) Older Ares with the individual voicing switches instead of the newer rotary dial version. Been watching this one on Reverb for literally 2 months now. Figured I'd give an end of week low ball offer and if the dealer had a bad sales week they'd come back and meet me in the middle with a counter. Less than an hour later I get the notification that it's in my cart!

gkvzhkwh4rd0ofblxr21.jpg

happy-dance.gif

Last edited:
Congrats! I know you've been itching to try one. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

Thanks! Having one of Kyle's amps has been in the back of my head for years. I don't need the power or size but if I didn't get one it would have kept pinging the gas meter. Between what I've heard is a great master volume, and having an FX return level I figure I'll be able to keep volume levels where I need them.

:wheresthepics (replace "pics" with "video")

Congrats! How does it sound?

It shipped Monday with an original delivery date of Aug 25th. Latest update as of today is:

Untitled.png

I contacted the seller late yesterday to have them look into it. Haven't heard back yet. This sucks so bad and always seems to happen on stuff you're really, REALLY looking forward to. Fingers crossed for today!

It shipped Monday with an original delivery date of Aug 25th. Latest update as of today is:

View attachment 10286

I contacted the seller late yesterday to have them look into it. Haven't heard back yet. This sucks so bad and always seems to happen on stuff you're really, REALLY looking forward to. Fingers crossed for today!
Sometimes they surprise you and updates to out for delivery real quick!

I've had that happen. I'm trying desperately not the check the updates every 5 minutes!
It's too bad the seller isn't communicating. Although there probably isn't much they can do outside confirming they did ship it and potentially calling to see if there has been an issue.

It's too bad the seller isn't communicating. Although there probably isn't much they can do outside confirming they did ship it and potentially calling to see if there has been an issue.

He replied immediately to my message yesterday and said he'd call 'his' UPS guy. It's an actual store so he's probably got an account with them.

(y)

Yeah, something is up. There should be specific updates if you have an entire week of business days. :hmm

Back