MXR Carbon Copy

I wasn't aware of the Supa Puss before. That looks rad!

I wish I'd bought that instead of my now destroyed Nano DMM, which survived for less than 6 months.

Oh well 😞

I wasn't aware of the Supa Puss before. That looks rad!

I wish I'd bought that instead of my now destroyed Nano DMM, which survived for less than 6 months.

Oh well 😞

THey're so badass, I really want to get another one.

But I'm not allowing myself anymore delay pedals

for now :cry:

I have the CC and the Deluxe as well. Good meat and potatoes delay so long as you dont need more than 600ms. Above average sound.

So I may have got a couple pedals in yesterday...

Picked up an MXR Fat Sugar yesterday as a lower gain OD option. It's a nice pedal, I like the simplicity more than the Ace of Tone which has two drives and all some additional switching. Compared to the Klon clone in the Axe 3, the Fat Sugar seems to have a little warmer tone with a little more midrange, and a little more noisy. But it does sound quite nice.

Then I got the MXR 5150 Overdrive in as I had snagged a used one cheap off GC...not as impressed. The gain is super fuzzy and does that weird thing where you hit a chord and it gets super compressed and fuzzy and then the tone sweeps like a doppler/wah effect. To avoid this I have to basically turn the gain way down to the point it sounds really odd. It doesn't function as a low-medium gain OD, so the sound gets choppy.

On the plus side the noise gate works pretty well and the pedal is generally not as noisy as the Friedman. Just for some reason the gain is either too choppy or way too fuzzy.

Tried a couple other things and now the 5150 is working a lot better. It does NOT like to run into a bright amp! Turning off the bright switch on the Bassman model fixed it quite a bit, and turning the bright cap value all the way down on the Brit 800 helped as well. Doing that, I can turn the gain and the treble up and it sounds pretty nice.

Compared to the Friedman BE-OD Deluxe, the 5150 is a lot more scooped and compressed, and the BE-OD sounds actually quite more mid forward. The BE-OD seems a lot more forgiving running into different amps, especially with the presence knob.

One thing with the BE-OD also is that the treble and presence knobs are fairly interactive, and you can actually get a more open sound and airy by turning the treble down and the presence up. Really interesting!

Tried a couple other things and now the 5150 is working a lot better. It does NOT like to run into a bright amp! Turning off the bright switch on the Bassman model fixed it quite a bit, and turning the bright cap value all the way down on the Brit 800 helped as well. Doing that, I can turn the gain and the treble up and it sounds pretty nice.

Compared to the Friedman BE-OD Deluxe, the 5150 is a lot more scooped and compressed, and the BE-OD sounds actually quite more mid forward. The BE-OD seems a lot more forgiving running into different amps, especially with the presence knob.

One thing with the BE-OD also is that the treble and presence knobs are fairly interactive, and you can actually get a more open sound and airy by turning the treble down and the presence up. Really interesting!

I only ever played the 5150 OD thru a twin reissue, and a blues deluxe but I loved it through there. It is definitely scooped and compressed, but I liked those aspects personally. I thought it did a pretty good jobs of turning those amps into 5153s lol

So I may have got a couple pedals in yesterday...

Picked up an MXR Fat Sugar yesterday as a lower gain OD option. It's a nice pedal, I like the simplicity more than the Ace of Tone which has two drives and all some additional switching. Compared to the Klon clone in the Axe 3, the Fat Sugar seems to have a little warmer tone with a little more midrange, and a little more noisy. But it does sound quite nice.

Then I got the MXR 5150 Overdrive in as I had snagged a used one cheap off GC...not as impressed. The gain is super fuzzy and does that weird thing where you hit a chord and it gets super compressed and fuzzy and then the tone sweeps like a doppler/wah effect. To avoid this I have to basically turn the gain way down to the point it sounds really odd. It doesn't function as a low-medium gain OD, so the sound gets choppy.

On the plus side the noise gate works pretty well and the pedal is generally not as noisy as the Friedman. Just for some reason the gain is either too choppy or way too fuzzy.

Hi gain pedals seem to inherently suck. All of them. Everyone last one of them. :idk

I made a thread about it on here, and as much as I want to discover some magic sauce
in one it just doesn't seem to exist.

It's amps or modelers when you need to bring the heavies. Not pedals. Sorry, @Ola The Swede :LOL:

The deluxe blows IMO. I thought it was going to be epic, but it was just a disappointment. Some really weird design choices in there too, like when the mix knob is all the way up you max out at 50:50 dry/delay signal :wat so much wasted potential on the deluxe. I traded mine to a guy + cash on his end for a regular CC and came out the winner for sure lol
How the Charles Bronson fuck dare you!!!

;-)

I dig my deluxe. It works really really well in front of a high-gain amp. But it has some problems. The mix knob as you point out, but also the fact the expression pedal cannot control the feedback - what fucking mong decided that was a good idea!?! KILL THEM!!! TO DEATH!!! UNTIL THEY DIE FROM IT!!!!

Didn't see myself doing this, but now I find that I'm tweaking the knobs with my feet quite a bit while playing. Kind of fun!

Love pedals that look like space age technology from the 60s.

When I was a kid my dad made me a digital metronome out of spare electronic parts he had. It had a cool display for BPM like that. Only problem was the knob was super sensitive so it would sometimes randomly start speeding up.

I actually thought about the Discovery; if CME ever gets one, I’ll try it. Not ordering sight unheard though.

I am surprised some places have some actual stock in hand. I kind of gave up looking since
you couldn't seem to find them anywhere since they were released.

I am surprised some places have some actual stock in hand. I kind of gave up looking since
you couldn't seem to find them anywhere since they were released.
I don’t think they do yet. I’m sure it’ll be awhile. I’m in no hurry; I’ve got the JAM Delay Llama MkIII, which is tasty

Back