Morgan MVP 23 - anyone?

Achilles

Rock Star
I know of all of the Morgan history but things seemed to have leveled out nicely since BAD took over. Love all the demos I've heard of this thing. Only one channel but such a wide range of tones. Anyone got/played one?

I have one - I absolutely love it.

There's not a lot I can say about it to add to what you can hear from YouTube videos, but the manual gives some great advice:

We recommend that you start with the power scaling all of the way up and with the tone controls in the 12 o’clock position. Set the Gain level to about 11 o’clock and then increase the volume control to the level you need.

From here you can gradually bring up the volume until you reach the desired level of gain. Once you have this set you can change the Power Level control to achieve the level of volume you require.

The Gain and Volume controls are interactive. Your highest levels of clean will be with the volume control below 3 o’clock. Above 3 o’clock you are adding gain to the power section of the amplifier.

Now that you have your gain and volume set experiment with the bass and treble, and Midrange controls. Do not be afraid to use extreme settings on the controls. Cranking the treble, backing off the mids and bass will get you into some class A EL84ish tones. Cranking the mids will increase your gain will make the amp growl like a great plexi.

We know you will love your new MVP23. If you have any questions or help don’t hesitate to email us at info@morganamps.com.

The only "issue" I've had with mine, is some of the glue they used to stick the covering to the ply has seeped through a little, making the head a little sticky in places.

Back