Modelling Hate ?

Eddie “I know everyone” Trunk’s favorite band.
I watched their latest video the other night. I get the schtick; but just really the dumbest thing ever. I would rather listen to Dethklok if I am going to listen to parody music made by people actually familiar with the genre they are parodying.

I watched their latest video the other night. I get the schtick; but just really the dumbest thing ever. I would rather listen to Dethklok if I am going to listen to parody music made by people actually familiar with the genre they are parodying.
I’m not of fan of their 14 year old sing about genitalia lyrics. They are decent musicians but honestly I don’t care for either them or Trunk. I find it funny Trunk gets butthurt because they make fun of music he likes. He’s such a narrow minded blow hard.

It might have been funny the first 5 minutes? I only followed the bands they are mimicking for maybe 3 albums worth (for some of the better examples of that genre) let alone follow something doing a parody of that :idk

Was it really kick ass or it is how we like to remember it? :D
They got A sound and that sound is all they got, many times it wast nasty in a bad way, but that's how we learned to love it.

And don't forget the 60s which was garbage for guitar tone, yes, Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, you name it, 60s guitar tone was s**t.

Admittedly it's kind of a guess on my end because 1970 was 13 years before I was born!

And absolutely, there was a ton of TERRIBLE guitar tone in the 60's and 70's, especially with cheap crappy gear. You can get a Boss Katana 50 and a Squier Affinity Tele for say $550, which is about $75 in 1970 dollars. Again, that's way before my time, but I found the Sears catalog from 1970, and here's what you can afford for $75:

c5l3cetqwjl8r2go65vn.jpg

goqgnwbdrb7xarahquzc.jpg

That's a single pickup Silvertone guitar and a five watt Sears brand tube amp with an 8 inch speaker.

Also, guessing everyone who's put an SM57 on a guitar amp has also captured some of the nastiest tone known to man.

Admittedly it's kind of a guess on my end because 1970 was 13 years before I was born!

And absolutely, there was a ton of TERRIBLE guitar tone in the 60's and 70's, especially with cheap crappy gear. You can get a Boss Katana 50 and a Squier Affinity Tele for say $550, which is about $75 in 1970 dollars. Again, that's way before my time, but I found the Sears catalog from 1970, and here's what you can afford for $75:

c5l3cetqwjl8r2go65vn.jpg

goqgnwbdrb7xarahquzc.jpg

That's a single pickup Silvertone guitar and a five watt Sears brand tube amp with an 8 inch speaker.

Also, guessing everyone who's put an SM57 on a guitar amp has also captured some of the nastiest tone known to man.

That is damn near my EXACT first setup, in like 1981 or something. I have since, gone back and bought those pieces from ebay/Reverb, just to have them again:

5eNusu2.jpg

4895395154_df54f8ddbd_z.jpg

Back