Mesa Mark I, II, III or IV ???

Personal prefernce here but IIC+/++ is the GOAT. The IV is also a killer amp and same with the JP2C.

The Mark III's are killer, but can't seem to justify owning them since I have a IIC+/++, too much overlap.

The loop modded IIB RP9C's (last PCB version) are very underrated. They have their own thing going on and sound vicious.

I prefer the loop modded IIB RP9C's to the Mark III's. The Mark I is a killer amp as well, but not Metal amps.

Played a V and thought it was cool but not as good as the IIC+/++, IV or JP2C as far as the lead channel goes.

Have yet to try a VII. I own all the amps it emmulates and already have a Cab Clone IR+. Seems like it would be overlap.
Any idea how best to identify those later 2B models?

Any idea how best to identify those later 2B models?
By Serial #. Look for ones that are in the 10,000 range. Those are the RP-9C preamp boards.

The ~8,000 range are usually RP-9A and ~9,000 RP-9B. They aren't as tight sounding as the RP-9C.

It's important to note, the IIB's can be brought up to RP-9C specs, and the loop mod adds more saturation.

Out of all the IIB's I've had, I like the Simul-Class RP-9C. Unfortunately I have not owned a Coliseum,

I've heard they're beasts. They have a big low-end and some people actually prefer them over the IIC+'s.

Bigger Iron = ability to get lower octave. Coliseums are rare, so another option is slaving into the Strategy 400 or M180.

Back