Luminite Graviton M1 MIDI Controller

This is amazing. Graviton is on my very short list. As in, my "can I hold out through the end of the day" list. :D

200w.gif
Touchscreen for that touchscreen :rollsafe:love

I think that’s where I’m confused, without footswtiches how are you triggering the preset changes?
It has the little remote control pad that I believe you mount on your guitar/whatever other device/instrument?

So you control preset changes by hand with a remote? I’m very confused. :ROFLMAO: :bag
Yes, and apparently there's a 10-switch footswitch on the way as well. Though for this purpose, I'd probably sooner use something more conventional and self-contained, like the Paint Audio MIDI Captain.

I'm more interested in the XY guitar controller than I am in the touchscreen itself, which is admittedly an about-face since the first time I saw it and assumed it was just a couple of buttons (GK S1/S2-style). In a perfect world (for me), that XY controller would be the entirety of the system: plug it into a computer to preconfigure it, and stick a MIDI receiver on your target device(s). But there's no way you could get the form factor that small (far less obtrusive than that "Guitar Wing" monstrosity that came out a few years back.)

I think that’s where I’m confused, without footswtiches how are you triggering the preset changes?
The XY controller, from the touchscreen of the Graviton or using any MIDI footswitch controller.

Think of the Graviton as a "MIDI control hub" device. You could program it so that if you use anything you want to send it MIDI PC 1, just by receiving that command it could toggle 5 different MIDI capable pedals each to their own preset, bypass states etc. Kind of like what Snapshots do on Helix or Scenes on Fractal. That's obviously just the tip of the iceberg for what you can do.

Could you do that with just a Morningstar MIDI controller with footswitches? Yeah, but you won't have a wireless, touchscreen device that you can put wherever you want and use to program the whole thing, you won't have a little wireless joystick controller you can put anywhere you want either etc.

Above I described how I want to use it to control for example secondary parameters on my Strymons. Since Strymons can also send MIDI CCs on preset changes, I can set the Graviton to track a particular parameter so if I change a preset on the pedal, the Graviton display also shows what that tracked parameter is on the current preset. No more hidden secondary params. I plan to expand this so that ideally I could use it to show preset parameters for a lot of stuff, considering the pedals don't have LCD screens to indicate what is happening in each preset.

On top of that the preset info alone like "which preset is each pedal using right now" is useful. So it will act sort of like a little "what's going on" display.

This will go on a desktop MIDI controllable board and I'll use the XY controller at first to switch presets and maybe later on add a MIDI footswitch thing.

With MIDI usually the possibilities are pretty limitless and it's more about having the right controller(s) for yours.

Yeah, and it sticks to your guitar like "gecko feet". I'm really interested in that part - does it really work like gecko feet @Luminite ?
Yep I found it after many trials and error ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nano_tape

Thanks @laxu and @mbenigni I think I get it on a fundamental level now. (y)

Yeah, @laxu summed it up perfectly.

I was gigging extensively with my band, and many of the songs required 4-5 different patches, with some needing constant switching between verses. As a result, I found myself staring down at my feet most of the time, not to mention the many instances of missed solo patch changes when I wandered too far from my spot and couldn't get back in time or risked tripping over cables on stage.

This system solves these mobility problems as it is mainly designed as a live performing tool. However, it works great in home studios as well, saving tons of space on / under the desk. It also saves my back from bending down and twisting knobs while untangling cable mess.

In the demo video on the first page, you can see the tiny XY Controller attached to my guitar. All the patch changes happen when my fingers flick the switches, which isn't much different from using the 5-way pickup selector or mini switches.

It does take some practice to perform the switching while playing smoothly, but once you get the hang of it, it feels quite easy and natural. I can switch rapidly, usually faster than tap dancing in many cases.

If the guitar-mounted XY controller is not your jam, the Graviton M1 works with almost any footswitch pedal it connects to. I also have 6-footswitch and 10-footswitch extension pedals coming very soon. ;)

I just ordered one and one XY to go with it and I swear my H90 just gave an evil overlord kind of laugh 😆

I think your H90 and the Graviton M1 will be a cute couple :love

Last edited:
Yes, and apparently there's a 10-switch footswitch on the way as well. Though for this purpose, I'd probably sooner use something more conventional and self-contained, like the Paint Audio MIDI Captain.

I'm more interested in the XY guitar controller than I am in the touchscreen itself, which is admittedly an about-face since the first time I saw it and assumed it was just a couple of buttons (GK S1/S2-style). In a perfect world (for me), that XY controller would be the entirety of the system: plug it into a computer to preconfigure it, and stick a MIDI receiver on your target device(s). But there's no way you could get the form factor that small (far less obtrusive than that "Guitar Wing" monstrosity that came out a few years back.)

I did planned a cheaper, minimal version like that too: an XY Controller paired with a very small receiver on the other end with a small non touch screen for simple on-device programming, just basic PC and CC messages. I don't want to do computer editor though as there are plenty of MIDI controllers have that already, and for full MIDI programming with bells and whistles the Graviton M1 got it covered already. So yes its possible, I just dont know if there are enough interest for this kind of device though :unsure:

Last edited:
Back