Line 6 mystery product speculation

Some people are trying to fight gravity. DI has more experience with this shit than anyone, and he said they barely lost a coin flip on using a touchscreen ten years ago. :ROFLMAO: That’s with the decade old components and software they had at the time, and he was still fighting for it.

In five years time you won’t be able to release a premier tier device without a touchscreen or equivalent UI.
When you think of the fact Line6 actually did release a product w touchscreen the stage source mixer which was a couple of years prior to HELIX but even back then the graphics were pretty damn good, and that touch para eq looks somewhat familiar

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 16
One thing I’ve noticed with both QC and TMP is that once you’re in the middle of a gig playing, the touchscreen is pointless and mostly just wasted space.

Companies that are going to incorporate a touchscreen need to spend more time thinking about how best to utilize that screen space for live performance

One thing I’ve noticed with both QC and TMP is that once you’re in the middle of a gig playing, the touchscreen is pointless and mostly just wasted space.

Companies that are going to incorporate a touchscreen need to spend more time thinking about how best to utilize that screen space for live performance
This is why I don’t care about a touch screen on a device in general. Though as with many technologies, I’m happy to be proven wrong.

Honest question, In a gig how do you for example quickly change the level of say the delay or reverb in a QC?

Honest question, In a gig how do you for example quickly change the level of say the delay or reverb in a QC?
IIRC you would just click on the reverb or delay block
Then the parameter show and you would adjust the corresponding encoder and hit save

It doesn't actually apply to any tech at this point in time. Advances in performance vs. cost have largely plateaued. This is subject to change, of course - nature of the beast.
But you can’t possibly say that the same sized dsp when the helix came out wouldn’t be way more powerful for way less money right?

Some people are trying to fight gravity. DI has more experience with this shit than anyone, and he said they barely lost a coin flip on using a touchscreen ten years ago. :ROFLMAO: That’s with the decade old components and software they had at the time, and he was still fighting for it.

In five years time you won’t be able to release a premier tier device without a touchscreen or equivalent UI.
Sure you will.. fractal will not have a touchscreen

On tmp a lot of wasted real estate

Back