Lichtlaerm Audio Prometheus amplifier

GuitarJon

Roadie
Ever heard of Lichtlaerm Audio? It's a pedal brand from Berlin that make cool pedals. They focus mainly on metal but the pedals are actually very versatile. The owner of the brand Daniel is also a very nice person.

In case you're not aware, Lichtlaerm Audio is releasing an amplifier. It's name will be the Prometheus! This is going to be an awesome amp with great features and some unique features as well. Daniel from LA came over to my studio yesterday and we spent some time with the prototype. We also chatted a bit about the brand, the pedals and of course the amp. He's such a cool dude and it was a pleasure to have him over. I'll post the video below with the sound clips and interview. We talk about nerdy stuff and I hope you enjoy it!

The amp itself sound-wise is quite good and also versatile. The cleans are great and that channel can work well as a pedal platform, especially with the bright switch set to warm. However, you can even bypass the entire preamp and go straight into the power amp for using it with preamps and stuff. The cool thing is that the noise gate is still active if you want, so that's sweet! The drive channel sounds absolutely huge and it has a great and present cutting mid-range that doesn't get harsh, it just sounds very pleasing. With the cut control you can go from very thick, loose and sludgy to very tight and modern so I love that he added that control. There's a lot more to talk about and we do that in the interview.

Here's the vid:

And here's a beauty shot of the prototype:

small.jpg

Just watched the video. Daniel seems to be a very nice guy, and what I heard about the amp is really promising. I'm currently thinking about buying a The Key and The Gate pedal...

The features are quite thrifty.
Seems like running a pre-amp/pre-amp pedal straight through is the gold with it.
JVM 410H eats it for breakfast💪

Tones sound great in a quick skim through your vid \m/ Haven't had a chance to dive in too deep. He said there is going to be a line out at some point. Does that mean a built-in load as well or...?

Haven’t watched yet. Any details on price or availability?
Hey man! The prices change based on the tube configuration - the one in the video is 2799€: all visual customization incl. unless it’s really crazy ideas that we can always discuss.

Even in the most monstrous configuration (full KT88 power section) it will be under 3000€ which I think is part fair in considering they’re fully handbuilt in Germany 😊

Tones sound great in a quick skim through your vid \m/ Haven't had a chance to dive in too deep. He said there is going to be a line out at some point. Does that mean a built-in load as well or...?
Not a built in load as it is designed to still be compact and 19” compatible but the line-out will allow you to use an external IR-loader with a signal tapped off the transformer to give you the depth/presence of an actual power amp. It still needs to be connected to a cab or a load, tho!

@Lichtlaerm Audio

Sorry if this has been states elsewhere but do you have a storefront/website yet? Last time I order off of Instagram
Lichtlaermaudio.com and just moving into a new shop - the first batch of amps is only for sale via e-mail though: I want to be in touch with every future owner and make sure they get the perfect feature set for their needs 😊

Hey man! The prices change based on the tube configuration - the one in the video is 2799€: all visual customization incl. unless it’s really crazy ideas that we can always discuss.

Even in the most monstrous configuration (full KT88 power section) it will be under 3000€ which I think is part fair in considering they’re fully handbuilt in Germany 😊
Might have to start saving my pennies… err, euros.

Looking forward to more demos of this amp. Also, glad to see more folks from the industry around here.

:beer

@Lichtlaerm Audio Welcome to the forum! The price is actually quite reasonable for an amp that is handbuilt in Germany.

Which pickles do you prefer - dill or sweet?

Back