Let’s be honest for a sec. Is it just me?

KingsXJJ

Roadie
I tend to order new gear that I don’t really need when I am bored, feeling uninspired or feeling blah. It’s worse if I’ve had a drink or three.

That undeniable rush of “The thing I love is going to be better.” Good thing marriages don’t work that way…

:oops:

I tend to order new gear that I don’t really need when I am bored, feeling uninspired or feeling blah. It’s worse if I’ve had a drink or three.

That undeniable rush of “The thing I love is going to be better.” Good thing marriages don’t work that way…

Not just you
The grass is always greener after
A half dozen beers

Funny though Helix has nearly eliminated all my GAS
About the only GAS i have is ~2 More guitars
And maybe Upgrading my Headrush "FRFR" and that's still maybe

Facing the stark reality that I don’t have enough for retirement eliminated my GAS. But then I saw the blank look in peoples faces during a political discussion when I said “it’s just like how Boss, despite all their resources, can’t execute the perfect multi effects unit.” Now I’m here.

Oh the good ol’ drunk buy. Yep been there. When I quit drinking it definitely slowed down my buying some but still GAS definitely grabs me at times.

I’m currently at a spot where GAS isn’t hitting too hard, but that’s also after a straight year of buying everything and anything I wanted so now I’m in a “Dude, if you don’t actually do something with this gear, you’re a f*cking asshat” phase.

Part of my “issue” is that I just love too many tones and I’m not a fan of making a decidedly metal guitar sound like a Strat or a Tele, or vice versa. I started buying guitars for specific purposes but each of those purposes comes with it’s own “You need more sh*t” aspect.

As long as I’m using the gear, I don’t beat myself up too hard about it.

Many of my purchases have been informed by beer.

Some of them were surprises because of it! ;)
Tired Fucked Up GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

Everyday I have two or three coffees I don't really need. Every week I have some alcohol drinks I don't really need. From time to time I go on a weekend trip I don't really need. So I don't feel bad when I buy some piece of gear I don't really need.

I do enjoy it for more or less time, and when I feel I don't want it, I sell it and it results in a not very expensive renting. But sometimes it stays with me for years and years.

Life is full of things we don't really need, but they make us happy. Unless having them means you can't pay your rent or your everyday meal, what's the problem?

Back