Leon's New Video Comparing 2203 In Different Modelers

Posted this in @laxu TMP tech discussion at TOP, but it's here for anyone

Axe-Fx v mystery meat hardware (one of which is TMP).

Clip order is;
Axe-Fx 2203
Axe-Fx 2204
Mystery Meat #1
Mystery Meat #2
Axe-Fx 2204
Mystery Meat #3
Axe-Fx 2204
Mystery Meat #4

Mystery Meat Raffle; #1 - Synergy 800 preamp (no power amp) #2 -TMP #3 - Ampero Mini #4 - TMP (again)

I just watched this for the first time and I immediately knew exactly which one was the TMP! :rofl

That thing has the worst Marshall, Vox and Mark amps in any modern digital device

The Helix sounds great here, it really surprised me! Way to go Line 6

Posted this in @laxu TMP tech discussion at TOP, but it's here for anyone

Axe-Fx v mystery meat hardware (one of which is TMP).

Clip order is;
Axe-Fx 2203
Axe-Fx 2204
Mystery Meat #1
Mystery Meat #2
Axe-Fx 2204
Mystery Meat #3
Axe-Fx 2204
Mystery Meat #4

Here are my listening notes. I didn't even see the part about clip order, so I had zero prior knowledge of which was which. If I didn't note one, it's because it sounded good:
3 a bit flubby
4 sucks
6 bad, thin, no balls
8 stuffy, congested

Looks like I correctly picked out all of the Mystery Meats and also correctly identified the suckiest one. :banana

I just watched this for the first time and I immediately knew exactly which one was the TMP! :rofl

That thing has the worst Marshall, Vox and Mark amps in any modern digital device

NOT TO THE TOP people.

The Ampero mini is a killer unit considering the price. They retail for around the same price as the new BOSS IR-2 here in Australia and they have a very good little touch screen and loads of amps and effects.
It was so lacking in low-end in your comparison, though. Any idea why? Is it that way across all its models? The mids and treble sounded fine.

It was so lacking in low-end in your comparison, though. Any idea why? Is it that way across all its models? The mids and treble sounded fine.
I just dialed up the amp and tweaked the gain rather than dial in the EQ for that one. I'll revisit that model next time I fire it up.

I never owned a Mustang amp or Mustang floor modeller but I know they are a cheaper range and this issue has me wondering whether they just used the models they already had for those for the non-Fender amps in the TMP.

Back