Leon Todd

Fair, but there isn't a "JCM800," "1959 Plexi," "JCM2000," etc. style sim in the Boss. You get a "Marshall style" sim that can run the gamut of a lot of things with the low/med/high switch and other controls.
Correct. However, actual users will tell you they can match all of those types of sounds very easily. And the names aren't mysteries, they give you the general idea!

@2112 I have an idea for The Gear Podcast. Have listeners submit their own theme songs for the show, having a different one for each episode. It’d be fun. Just an idea.

Great dynamics, indeed! Now my favorite amp is the Wreck Liverpool, and other types of popular amps sound like compressed when having been playing a Wreck a while

That base tone is like all these videos made with the famous LT TV IRs, though😀😉

Would you kindly try something like this and share your opinion? I find that this 1x12 is also powerful, has unique character, and cuts better though any mix than a 4x4 (sample preset attached)
1725956773881.png
1725956782682.png

1725956795071.png

1725956804903.png

Last edited:
Video idea LT, building a Fender Pano Verb patch on Fractal :ROFLMAO:

I’m kind of hacking my way through it trying to get a 15” and 10” speaker with a 64 Vibro Verb model. Need to figure out how to scene change the verb to either be both speakers or just the 10” like the amp, and then getting the Harmonic Trem to be full mono on one scene, and then offset/delayed on another scene like the amp.

5 Minute Tones!!!

Just listening to the Gear Podcast, and Leon's description of my old Les Paul Studio was absolutely perfect:

Wine red - CHECK
Beat up from use - CHECK
Swapped in Duncans - CHECK
Punk rock bands - CHECK

They didn't have binding before, actually think they look good with the binding.

I will say for pricing, $1600 seems high but realistically with inflation it's probably not far off. I think in the late 90's they were about $800 which is around the same price as the American Fender Standards. Now the American Fender Pro's are $1600 which is the same as the Studio.

I paid $600 used for my 93 LP Studio in 1998, FWIW. Also when I bought my LP Tribute in 2018 which was a cheaper model vs the Studio, the Tribute was about $1000 and the Studio I think was $1400?

One of my Dad's friends had just got a brand new wine red LP Studio right around the time I started playing so it's etched into my brain as THE LP Studio. I've still got a recording he made of me fumbling around on it on a BOSS BR1600CD somewhere...

Not the CD but I did find this pic from around that time - 2002 most likely. Fenix Les Paul copy that had a set of Gibson 498R/T pickups. I still have that strap and gig with it regularly!

View attachment 29144

Of course you still have the strap. It's like something straight from the 80s, which means it is bad ass and probably what a bluesman would refer to as a "mojo talisman."

Back