My hair progression through the years

1-14 buzz cuts due to the anti-hippie stance of my father
15-18 rebellious long hair achieved
18-30 due to my military status
Back to the buzz cut 🤪
30-40 long hair once again Yay
41-present
Spreading bald spot has kept me from growing my hair long
Skullet would not be a good look for me.

@2112
Let that hair grow while you can 😂

My hair progression through the years

1-14 buzz cuts due to the anti-hippie stance of my father
15-18 rebellious long hair achieved
18-30 due to my military status
Back to the buzz cut 🤪
30-40 long hair once again Yay
41-present
Spreading bald spot has kept me from growing my hair long
Skullet would not be a good look for me.

@2112
Let that hair grow while you can 😂
I know the feeling.
Just got a perm today.

Question for Leon
Have you ever demo’d the Blug guitar stuff
Iridium or Mercury that’s one review I would love to see

I was watching the HM808 episode and saw the cat. My girlfriend is a tad shocked I don't know the cat's name. "It's the star of the show, though!"

So, Leon: What is the cat's name?

We have 2.

Lupin. He's 6, very curious and a colussus at over 8kg (18lbs).
IMG-20240628-WA0003.jpg

Nagini. She's 4, half tail and all sass.

IMG-20240628-WA0012.jpg

Have you ever had a bloke comment:

Good Day Todd, my name’s Leon”…?

-a nifty audio intro to one of your songs man!!
Outta all the Aussie gunslingers,
-you lead the Horsemen🤘🏻

Hey Leon!

What is your favorite solo of all time? Doesn’t have to be guitar, could be piano/bass/oboe/Anne Hathaway vocal solo etc.

Mine is the synth solo (followed closely by Lukathers guitar solo) by David Paich and Steve Porcaro on the Toto song Rosanna.
Just a brilliant solo.

Ok here is my question since you have had both The QC and the Hotone Ampero stage
If you had to give one back if we just look at amp models and effects no capturing your own amps , which one stays and which one goes
I had both and more. Right now the fight is between the Ampero Stage and the BOSS GT-1000. I'm doing some pretty heavy-duty tests right now. Thought the GT-1000 won but the more I fiddle with the Ampero, the better it gets!

Last edited:
I had both and more. Right now the fight is between the Ampero Stage and the BOSS GT-1000. I'm doing some pretty heavy-duty tests right now. Thought the GT-1000 won but the more fiddle with the Ampero, the better it gets!
I'm likely picking up a GT-1000 or GT-1000 Core for effects (Whammy, drop tune, delay, reverb, chorus, Phase 90, and 117 Flanger).

I'm likely picking up a GT-1000 or GT-1000 Core for effects (Whammy, drop tune, delay, reverb, chorus, Phase 90, and 117 Flanger).
The GT-1000 is hard to beat. It has defended its throne (for me at least) over everything including Kemper, Fractal, Helix and ToneMaster Pro so far. I use it several times a week for acoustic, electric and bass going direct into FOH. So far, the Ampero Stage is incredibly close to being "the one"...

The GT-1000 is hard to beat. It has defended its throne (for me at least) over everything including Kemper, Fractal, Helix and ToneMaster Pro so far. I use it several times a week for acoustic, electric and bass going direct into FOH. So far, the Ampero Stage is incredibly close to being "the one"...
I plan on simply using it for effects, but it is cool to know the "amp sims" seem to be decent too. I say "amp sims" because they don't seem to really be going after anything or simulating anything. More like, "he's a crunch model, here's a high gain model," etc.

I plan on simply using it for effects, but it is cool to know the "amp sims" seem to be decent too. I say "amp sims" because they don't seem to really be going after anything or simulating anything. More like, "he's a crunch model, here's a high gain model," etc.
Partially true. You can definitely find Marshall, Vox, Fender, etc....in there and they are all excellent.

Partially true. You can definitely find Marshall, Vox, Fender, etc....in there and they are all excellent.
Fair, but there isn't a "JCM800," "1959 Plexi," "JCM2000," etc. style sim in the Boss. You get a "Marshall style" sim that can run the gamut of a lot of things with the low/med/high switch and other controls.

Back