Kingsley Maiden D V2 incoming

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Just ordered a used Maiden D V2 off reverb. Purchase was driven by my really getting on well with the new model of a clone of a dumble in Helix, and also watching a That Pedal Show episode where they were running Kingsley stuff into a Mesa power amp.

2 possible outcomes from this:

(1) I enjoy it, quickly realize it isn't covered in pixie dust and that modelers are totally fine for my needs and flip it at what will likely be about a $60-70 loss. or...

(2) It leads me to buying a Mesa Cali Tweed head to "use as a power amp".

Initially will be running it through my solid state power amps into cabs. Will also see how it sounds in front of modelers/audio interface...

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Just ordered a used Maiden D V2 off reverb. Purchase was driven by my really getting on well with the new model of a clone of a dumble in Helix, and also watching a That Pedal Show episode where they were running Kingsley stuff into a Mesa power amp.

2 possible outcomes from this:

(1) I enjoy it, quickly realize it isn't covered in pixie dust and that modelers are totally fine for my needs and flip it at what will likely be about a $60-70 loss. or...

(2) It leads me to buying a Mesa Cali Tweed head to "use as a power amp".

Initially will be running it through my solid state power amps into cabs. Will also see how it sounds in front of modelers/audio interface...
Election Voting GIF by When We All Vote

I recall back in '18 when I first started contemplating a Kingsley preamp thinking "man, that Bard looks cool, but that's an awful lot to pay for a tremolo pedal!". Given where pedal prices have gone the last few years, the $360 used Bard on Reverb is looking like phenomenal value for money!

Cali Tweed is :chef especially if you’re not putting it through a Jensen, the latter of which I can only assume is soaked in turd milk before being bolted into the combo.
Are you only talking about the 40, or do you include the 20 in your kisses?

I keep watching demos of the 20s, but the 40 always seems to sound better to my ear, even though I don’t need a quad of 6V6s

Last edited:

I keep looking watching demos of the 20s, but the 40 always seems to sound better to my ear, even though I don’t need a quad of 6V6s
I am speaking of both, but I actually like the 20 better.

I keep looking watching demos of the 20s, but the 40 always seems to sound better to my ear, even though I don’t need a quad of 6V6s
It seems to me like the 20 is just a 40...without a couple of modes that require 4 power tubes instead of 2?

I would be running it through some sort of brit-flavored speaker of' sho'.

Headroom definitely matters with that Tweed circuit. 40 is more like a High Power Tweed Twin and the 20
is like a Tweed Deluxe. Generally speaking. :idk

Back